Great Results - Cincinnati, OH

I am a 57 year old male. I had upper and lower...

I am a 57 year old male. I had upper and lower blelpharoplasty with canthopexy exactly two weeks ago. My upper lids were hooded down to the lashes and the lower lids also had excessive skin and some fat bulging. I had the procedures with local anesthetic (lidocaine) and was given 20mg of valium orally about 30 minutes before the surgery. I felt nothing but a little pressure. Honestly, valium does nothing for me and was completely unnecessary. I am a dentist and also premedicate with 20mg of valium and sometimes patients completely wasted. The results of the oral meds are very unpredictabel in my opinion.

As for the surgery, it was done with an electorsurgery tip as opposed to scalpel or laser. I was very red, swollen, and had brusing in the lower lid area. I had to take some vicodin the evening after the surgery. The following day there was virtually no discomfort. My eyes were a bit dry and scratchy for a week. The swelling and redness resolved in about a week. I still have some bruising at the level of my cheek bones, but it is minimal

I am very pleased with the outcome. I look younger and I can actually see better -- something that was unexpected. My field of vision has increased. I would definately do this again. In fact, I am going in next week for a full face fat transfer to rejuvenate my face. I'm not ready for a full face lift, and I think the fat grafting will help restore the volume loss is my face due to ageing and massive weight loss.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Dr. M is a skilled doctor and truly nice person. He is easy to talk with and keeps your best interest in mind when recommending treatment options.

Thanks so much for sharing your eyelid surgery and lower body lift stories, Rejuvenated. Your photos look fantastic. What a change! Congrats on your great results.