CoolSculpting Love-handles & Abdomen - Cincinnati, OH

I don't typically write reviews, but since I've...

I don't typically write reviews, but since I've found others' reviews helpful so I want to return the favor. I'm about 15-20 lbs from my ideal weight and need help losing a few inches since healthy eating and exercise aren't doing it. I'm having love-handles & abdomen done. I've decided there's enough fat to have 2 treatments performed on both areas. The first is on 9/5/13. I will keep you posted.

Night before treatment

I am having my treatment tomorrow and must admit I'm very nervous. After reading how much pain some people have suffered, and the worry that after spending so much, the procedure won't be effective, I can't wait to get it over with. Anyway, I took my measurements to verify any change: 5'5 at 150 lbs. My hip and abdomen circumference is 41 inches. More soon....

1st Treatment Done

A few things: the abdomen device does feel strange and about a level 5/6 uncomfortable for about 10 minutes. After that, it's not too bad. The love-handles don't feel too bad, but when I was on the side farthest from the device, it got loose after moving very slightly. The technician had to re-attach it and then I could not move at all for an hour, which is a lot harder than it sounds. The other side went smoother since it was closer to the device and so it didn't pull as much on the cable. It isn't too easy to read when on side, so if there's a TV in the room, I recommend putting it on. Other than that, I did not feel pain during the massage like some people do. The frozen sensation is also strange; like frozen meat. I'll continue posting.

Day 4

My experience so far has been okay. I am bruised and swollen. I do feel some mild pain in the abdomen, but it's a strange feeling: bee sting, burning, and like cramps on and off. I've noticed that bending down from the stomach instead of the legs aggravates it; as well as touching the stomach even if it's just slightly. The technician told me that most people feel pain after about a week, so I still have a few days to be on 'edge'. I asked her whether there was any trend in people that felt pain (my theory was those that didn't have that much fat to begin with), but she said she didn't notice any trend. I think it would be a good research topic though so doctors could warn those more likely to experience negative side effects and let them decide knowing the risk. There's enough of a sample on real-self to see if a trend exists. Anyway, I will post in a few more days.

It's been one week

After 7 days, I have not experienced excruciating pain yet. But I will say that the bee sting feeling is very irritating. It feels as if the bees are stinging on the inside. Needless to say, I feel like my body is a bit out of control. I am still swollen and bruised. I don't feel like I can resume my exercise routine because any little touch to the abdomen makes it worse, so I'm a little paranoid. I do not see any change, but I assume it's way too early. Other than that, I hope it's worth it.

10 Days

During the past few days, I've felt new sensations: more burning and pulling than bee stings. I'm still bruised and swollen, and a bit numb. I definitely haven't seen any effects yet, but of course it's still early. Although I had my 2nd treatment scheduled for 10/5, I've decided to postpone it since I don't want to risk any negative side effects while on my vacation later that month. I forgot to mention in prior posts that I've been taking 800mg of ibuprofen every 6-8 hrs since the first day of treatment. I'm not sure if that has made a difference with the pain, but I didn't want to take the chance of finding out. Other than that, the side effects are subsiding, finally.

Not much

It's been a little over a month since my first treatment, and I haven't noticed much of a difference. I took my measurement again and I'm down 1 inch in hip/abdomen circumference. I hope it's true that it takes 4 months to see total results because 1 inch for the cost isn't worth it. I will update again next month.

3 months

It's been 3 months since my first treatment and I've noticed a small difference. I took my measurements and I'm done another inch. So, I suppose 2 inches is the most I will get with this treatment. I am getting my second treatment on 12/20 and hope that it will give me better results since I'm still not happy with my results. I will keep you posted. I may have pics to upload once I go back for the 2nd treatment.

2nd treatment

I go in for my second treatment tomorrow; 3 1/2 months after my first. Truth be told, I am not loving my results. I guess I can't come to any conclusion until I have my second and wait another 4 months, but for what I have paid and the discomfort, I don't think it's worth it thus far. I will be getting photos again tomorrow so I will upload the before and after (for the 1st treatment). Maybe I will see more results once I see my photos.

$3K Later & Nothing to Show

Okay, it's official. This procedure did nothing for me except take my money, my time, and give me pain. I would not recommend it unless you don't mind the risk of it not working for you. It was an expensive lesson for me. No more miracle cures!

Second Treatment

The "after" pictures are after my first treatment. But given that after 3 1/2 months there have been zero changes, I am not optimistic that my second treatment will do anything. I am 3 days post my 2nd treatment and I still don't feel the pins and needles, burning sensation. But last time that started around the 5th day. I'll keep you posted.

1 Week Post 2nd Treatment

It's been a week since my second treatment. Strange thing is that the second treatment itself was a bit more uncomfortable than the first time around. But the days following the procedure have been less painful than the first time. I have no idea why that is; or if there's even a reason. But I have felt minor pins/needles and some pulling sensations. Of course, I still have about 3 more days to be in the clear...

Two weeks post 2nd Treatment

It's been 2 weeks since my second treatment. The side effects were a lot milder this time around. I do not expect much in terms of results given the first treatment results. I will post updates every month from now on. Someone below asked about using the money for lipo instead. I have researched lipo, and there are some significant studies showing that those that do not maintain their body may end up with visceral belly fat (fat near the organs). The risk of disease isn't worth a more appealing body; at least for me.

1 month post 2nd treatment

Well, as if it wasn't bad enough, the 2 inches that I 'lost' originally are back. I am really kicking myself for the amount of money I wasted; not to mention the time and discomfort of it all. I wish I could take it all back!
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

I didn't meet with the doctor or any qualified medical professional. I was told that the technicians have performed the procedure for the past 2 years and that they are qualified to perform the procedure. We shall see....