Its Worth It -Cincinnati, OH

I am Hailey, I just turned 16 and I was on...

I am Hailey, I just turned 16 and I was on accutaine for 7 months. I don't have any before pictures because I refused to get in pictures, or at least close up shots. I started getting acne when I was about 10 and my doctor tried everything from antibiotics to topical creams. My acne would get better for a whole then it would come back tenfold. I just want to tell you it does get better, I know the side effects suck as they're happening (i had about all of them from the bloody nose to the dry lips and dry eyes) but look for the overall goal. I didn't realize I had freckles on my face until it cleared up. This medication has really changed my life. I gained so much more confidence from this and I actually have a social life now where I don't feel like everyone is judging me based on my skin. Now, since I took this so young, my doctor said I might have to go on it again, but I don't care. I'd rather go though all the symptoms again than deal with my acne as it was before. This medication is one of the best things that has happened to me

Congratulations on getting your skin cleared up!! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I agree, better two rounds and clear skin if its an option. How long has it been since you finished your last dose of Accutane?

It has been about three months

I would love it if you would continue to update us every few months on how your skin is doing and if it is staying cleared up (which I will be hoping it does!).

Dr Wayne bauman

I found out about accutaine off of MTV actually and my family physician told me about dr Bauman because his son went to him