Smiling for Real - Chritiana, DE

It took me several years to realize that my weight...

It took me several years to realize that my weight controlled my life and I was smiling to hide my broken desires and dreams. I was a very driven and successful middle school teacher and was very accomplished showing horses and dogs. I did a lot for other people, but not myself.

I made the decision to have weight loss surgery and although I dreamed what life would be like post surgery, I was no where close. I had significant complications (ended up out of work for 5 months, in and out of the hospital, pic line, feeding tube,etc), but even if someone would have told me I would have complications, residual and consistent left side pain, and a lifetime of nausea and they told me how my life would be today. I would have still have the surgery.

I am able to do things that I could only dream about. I am sooooo thankful to dr. Peters for always standing by me and never giving up on me and to dr. Michaels for putting everything back in its rightful place! Words can not express my gratitude to the weight loss surgery community for their support, openness, and education. I have been given such a gift and look forward to ways to pay it forward. I finally smile to make others smile, that is the best gift I can give to the world.
Dr. Michael Peters

Dr. Peters is caring, genuine, and gifted. He cares for his patients as actual people and sincerely wants to help them be as successful as possible and will walk beside them the rest of their life.