Chin......to Implant or Not to Implant - New Orleans

I really had never considered getting a chin...

I really had never considered getting a chin implant. But because I was going to have rhinoplasty and because 2 surgeons recommended a chin augmentation, I went ahead with it.

I clearly believe that this makes my profile more appealing. My only reservations regarding the surgery were the risks of nerve damage or infection. However, the nurse told me that if for any reason I do not like the implant, it is a relatively easy process to remove it.

I have heard some say that this surgery is not very painful. However, this was not the case for me. It was much more painful than the rhinoplasty. However, if you need to lose 5 to 10 pounds in a week, this could be the surgery for you! It is day 7 post-surgery for me and I still have pain though much less than I did a week ago. I am hoping that all of the pain and discomfort will eventually go away. I also hope I can get used to having something artificial in my. One rather odd worry I have has to do with muscle cramps. I naturally have always had problems with cramps including cramps under my chin when I yawn. I don't know how it will feel when one of these cramps occurs now that I have an implant. Hopefully the implant won't make it worse, but so far I haven't had a cramp to test this.

This can definately make a positive difference to a persons profile but a person should be prepared because there will be some pain to deal with.

Very professional with an excellent staff always available for questions or concerns.