3 Days Post Op and Counting - Chino Hills, CA

I am 41 years old and mother of 2! I've been...

I am 41 years old and mother of 2! I've been wanting to get rid of my belly for a while now. I finally took the plunge and here I am at 3 days post op. I must say that I have the best doc in the world, he took the time to come to the house to check up on me everyday and personally changed the dressing! Tomorrow will be my first appt at his office. I've heard that a lot of you got your drains out at 7 days and I cannot wait! So far, the worst thing for me is the nausea after surgery, follow by constipation. I stopped all the tynenol with codein because it also gave me nausea. I have not taken any pain med since the second day!
Congratulations, and I can't wait to see the before and after photos!
Thank you both for the encouragement!
That is great that you found a doctor so wonderful. I hope you have a quick recovery.

10 days po

I am finally getting my second drain out today, my first drain got taken out yesterday. The doc has seen me everyday since the surgery, whether at home or in his office. This doc is just totally awesome. I am able to walk almost upright now, and I should be driving after the second drain is out. The recovery has been steady and boring (the best kind). I do anticipate going back to work next week since I work as a teacher. I didn't personally take any before shots but the doc did, I am hoping that he will send me a few and I will try to take some after also later. =)
How are you feeling?

19 days post op

I went back to work at 17 days post op and I had no problems. Doc is really cautious and wanted me to be on a good diet, and no exercise til the muscles heal. I found out that I only lost around 4 - 5 lbs of skin and fat, which doesn't sound like a lot, but then 5 lbs of skin is probably actually quite a bit. I am waiting for the doc to show me the pic. =) I am really loving the result because I actually LOOK skinny, instead of having the perpetual bulge around my stomach, it is actually flat. I can't wait til I can actually work out and get going!! Thank you all for your comments and concerns!
I emailed you thanks for sharing your email to better get a hold of you:)
Please give us your update I'm anxious to hear your recovery and update. Post pictures. I'm considering this doc I know he has excellent bedside manners but I'motr interested in his work especially skill of belly button.
you know what? I haven't figure out how to upload the pics yet. I do have some before and after but you can email me at yi_0003@yahoo.com and I will be happy to send them to you. =)
Babak Farzaneh

Very caring, kind and takes his time to make sure everything is ok with you! Highly recommend. Answer all question via cell within 10 minutes or so.