Chin/Neck Smartlipo Gets 2 Thumbs Up

I am 44 years old and had sagging and heaviness...

I am 44 years old and had sagging and heaviness under my chin and along my jawline. This bothered me every time I looked in the mirror. I am 5'7" and weigh about 135 lbs. I don't have a problem with weight, but this would not go away on my face. I didn't know exactly what I needed to do, so I consulted a Plastic/Cosmetic surgeon.

We decided on the Smartlipo, and I am so glad I did. I was awake during the procedure and felt nothing. The only pain was with the injection to numb the area. I had approximately 3 tbs. removed from the area. I was bruised for about a week, not much pain, just felt bruised.

I am 5 weeks out and still have a slight feeling of bruising. I was numb for about a month, and just about all of the feeling has returned now. What a nice, natural look. I won't really see the full result for several months, from what I am told, but even if I stay like this, I'm thrilled! The area was hard for about three weeks.

I wore my compression wrap 24/7 for about 1 1/2 weeks, then just to bed for another week. I was very worried about loose skin, lumpiness and changed skin texture. I have none of this. I'm amazed at the immediate retraction of the skin. I didn't look this good 10 years ago, and again, I'm only 5 weeks out! Absolutely 100% happy.

Dr. Elliot Lach, Boston Surgical Group

Dr. has extensive experience with lasers. He travels and teaches surgeons how to work with them, as well as holding patents for inventing lasers, including the Smoothshape Laser. He graduated from MIT, then got his medical degree from Yale. Not only is he brilliant, he is very kind and has a nice bedside manner.

hi

do you have pictures to post..

theresa
Dr. Elliot Lach of Boston Surgical Group in Southboro,MA. Good luck!
Hi Gardenpath, who was your doctor?
No longer than a week for me. If you can wear a turtleneck, you're fine. If not, what little bruising you may have is easily covered. I only had a line of bruising where my neck & chin meet & it really healed fast. Good luck, you'll be thrilled!!
Sounds like he did a great job. I am thinking about Smartlipo to the chin and was curious how long you showed bruising before you went back to work. I will have a week off before i return and don't want to be asked a hundred questions regarding what happened.
What practice did you go to and who was your doctor?

Hi poc,

Provider information is shown above the review for registered users. This requires free registration for an account.

That's great good luck with recovery I'm day 4 I guess I have long to go
Good luck to you as well. It goes by fast. You will see daily changes, some days better, sometimes worse. Just wear the compression garment and do some massage after about a week or so. Everything evens out & gets more consistent after 2 or 3 weeks. Just a note...the more you lean your head forward, the more swelling you will see. I still get swelling when I'm gardening. I just take a break and sit back for a little while, do some massage for a couple of minutes, and everything goes back to normal.