Difficulty with Chin Implant Recovery

Happy with more balanced profile, but somewhat...

Happy with more balanced profile, but somewhat concerned about numbness, stiffness, lip incompetence now four weeks out. Reason for procedure was about better balance to my face.

Four weeks ago I had a chin implant along with a platysmaplasty. No issues at all with the neck procedure. Recovery with the chin implant is a different story. My doctor tells me that it sometimes takes up to three months before numbness goes away. I accept that. But is moderate chin stiffness usual at this point? What bothers me most of all is that I feel like it's difficult to close my lips together. I can do it, but it's not a comfortable position and gives my chin an odd, sort of strange, slightly dimpled look. Perhaps this is all about swelling? I also have issues with eating since my lower lip is numb and uncooperative. I don't feel like the implant is too big, especially when I look at myself in profile or from the front. I just can't figure out what is at work here causing these issues. Any input at all is so appreciated.