Chin Implant Has Visible Edges, Made my Face Substantially Longer

I have a very receded chin and wanted to have it...

I have a very receded chin and wanted to have it fixed since I was little. As I already have a long face, I told the surgeon that I didn't want it if it would make my face longer, and he assured me it wouldn't. Post surgery, I am very unhappy with the result, as the implant is crooked and the edges are very visible - they don't follow my natural jaw line at all. I went to the PS and he told me that one of the edges got folded over and it would need to be revised. He told me the other side was normal and that the prominence of the edge is normal. Also, when I mentioned that my face is longer in a way that has made my appearance worse from the front, he mentioned that the implant he used wraps around the jaw and adds 2+ mm.

I am getting my implant out this week, either way, even though a revision has been offered. This is just one of several things that has gone wrong in this experience. Is this normal?

Hi Sarah,

It is angular, but that is what most people seek when they get a chin implant. The American standard of beauty is more bone structure. (think Jennifer Aniston) The doctor did a great job of matching the chin extension to your jawline.

You may be surprised by the difference in your look and it may take time to adjust to it. But, I think it looks like Giselle Buchin's chin...you can't get better than that!
Hi Sarah, Sorry to hear you don't like the results. I've heard that it's normal to experience such feelings immediately after surgery and that you should give it sufficient time to adjust. I am looking for a chin implant myself but can't seem to find a trustworthy surgeon. Most seem to operate like a fly by night shop. Get folks in, get them out and just deal with the unhappy ones. To be honest your edge doesn't seem that bad at all especially considering you are pushing up against it to display the edge. Maybe you could ask the PS to smooth the edge down a little to be more in tune with your natural jaw line. Hope you feel better, this community is here to support you.
No, I will not try again... this experience has really been a nightmare due to the misinformation/lack of communication between myself and the surgeon. My mental health has never suffered as much from anything... I won't recommend cosmetic surgery to anyone in an non-extreme situation.