Chin Implant Did Not Give Me Satisfactory Length!! - California

I have a very short n recessed chin so I had my...

I have a very short n recessed chin so I had my 1st chin implant 3 yrs back outside of USA cause it was cheap. It was solid peculiar implant which caused me lots of suffering. It looked boxy, fake and hideous!! like I have broken my chin.Infection, pain, swelling stayed for 1 yr. I was doing lot of travelling so cudn't consult my PS. I decided to see a Doc in another country who gave me antibiotic for long time. Finally I started to look how i was suppose to. It gave me a great deal of vertical length, I started to like my chin and face. I looked great. when I came to US I consulted with PS, he was worried abt the implant material.fn asked me to change it to more natural material like soft silicone implant. So I went for it. Recovery was great!! I was fine within 2 wks. no pain, not much swelling. But Somehow my face looks round n fat. I thought I am over thinking but all my friends say I looked pretty before feel like a fool now. I sud have researched more. Chin implant never gives vertical length, it only gives forward projection. So if u r looking for a long slim face, implant is not the option. It also causes bone erosion n within 10-15 yrs appearance of the chin goes back to " before implant chin" look.

I am in my mid 20s so considering a life long solution - Sliding Genioplasty. Its aggressive, takes more recovery time but is the permanent solution. Tough part is finding the right surgeon. I know many of u might think, give it a rest but am OCD abt this :(. Dr.Zide ( in Manhattan), Dr. Posnick ( in Maryland) , Dr.Mandel (in NYC) were great surgeons but they dont perform SG only for cosmetic purpose anymore. I've heard they only perform complicated referral cases So guys does any of u can recommend a good maxio-facial/ plastic surgeon for Sliding Genio? and anyone who has done it, how much did it cost?? Thanks a lot, hope my experience helped.

Hi Jennifer, thanks for sharing your review with us. Please keep us updated on your progress and on what you decide to do about your SG!

Kirsty