Schedule TT for Feb 25, 2011 - Chicago, IL

I am 42 years old and have four beautiful children...

I am 42 years old and have four beautiful children. Two are grown 22 and 19 and the other two are 14 and 7. I have wanted a tummy tuck for a long time and have researched it to death! I finally made the decision to go ahead and do something for me that will make me feel better about myself. I am happy with everything else on my body except for my tummy and I am ready to get a flat tummy again. I must admit I am very nervous but excited just the same. Just like a few I am also not too happy with going under. I have quit smoking as of January 7th and being nervous about the surgery isn't helping but I have done good so far and haven't touched one since then. Is there any advice anyone can help with to get rid of the fear. I don't want to smoke a cigarette on the way to surgery because of my nerves! Also any advice on what to buy to make my recovery easier would be helpful.....It seems the constipation is the worst other than the pain of course. Oh and what bout recovery time....I was just ready that you can go back to work as early as 5 days? really? My job can require some "physical" activity so when do you think it will be safe to go back to work?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I had my tummy tuck now a little over a week ago....

I had my tummy tuck now a little over a week ago. I feel great. Now finally some of the swelling has gone down and I'm begginng to see the results I paid for, which was tummy tuck and lipo of outer thighs muscle repair. As far as complications....zero. I was so nervous too!

I had a lot of rolls and stretch marks and just hated the whole muffin top thing. I had gotten to about 15 lbs to my ideal wieght (although I was a smoker and quit under my surgoeans advice and gained 10lbs before surgery! i was pissed) and still hated the shape and look of my stomach. Exercise was not gonna help me. I was tired of hiding my stomach, plain and simple.

The staff and Dr I chose we excellent! and I have had some pain but my doctor uses the pain pump for his patients and boy did that help a lot. Manage your pain with that and pain meds and you will go along fine. I am moving around a lot more and just get tired more quicker but like I said feel great. i want to take my pressure garment off all the time and keep looking at my tummy!

Drain bulb thing gone, pain pump gone....and just using pain meds in the evening when I realize I over did the walking and doing stuff around the house. I actually went to ihop on my 3rd day post op! (could eat much cause my appetite kinda gone. Oh and let me tell a life saver also....use a walker! it helps your back o whole lot and believe me worth buying!

Any pics. I am so happy to hear you have had little pain. I am getting the pain pump, but would be kind of strange to use a walked in my house. I steps and stairs at every corner. I will use a cane maybe. I read that the first few days you need to get up every 15 min to avoid blood clots....is that right? I also hear every 2 hours. Except for sleeping. I would post pics but cant from iPad
Thanks for sharing your story. I go in on March 9th. Imagine the fantastic summer we are going to have:)
You sound like you are doing great! Congrats!!
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

The Dr. and his staff were very kind helpful land caring. Every time I called I was called back right away if my question wasn't answered immediately. Dr. P also came into his office to see me on a Sunday (no office hours) to adjust my pain pump!And the work he did to my tummy is awesome....