I'm in the Home Stretch - Chicago, IL

I'm 32 w/ 2 adorable children (6 & 22...

I'm 32 w/ 2 adorable children (6 & 22 months) and a great husband. I'm very excited & nervous about my upcoming hysterectomy & tummy tuck! My tummy does not reflect the person I am. I've been considering this surgery for a long time so when I found out I had to have a hysterectomy I had seize the opportunity. I can't wait to see the new me. I'm very nervous about the pain, but I'm sure it will all be worth it once I'm all healed up!

Anyone have any recommendations or advice to offer?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

In my earlier stat I forgot to mention I'm...

In my earlier stat I forgot to mention I'm 5'4" and 180 lbs. I've started working out about 3 months ago and I've seen a difference in how my clothes fit, but my huge jelly belly won't go down. I realize I must workout for the rest of my life, but at least the outcome will show a huge difference. I've been asking going back and forth asking should I spend this amount of money for my peace of mind and each time the answer is YES!!! I feel so selfish, however I'm always putting everyone's needs above my own. I've decided to do something for me! So I'm having my tummy tuck with flanks done while the hysterectomy is being performed! I'll upload pics soon I'm just very embarrassed!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Photo Update

Hi Kimmers. I decided to push the date back until I loose some additional weight. After reading the reviews and speaking with my physicians I want to get the best result possible. Ibe given myself a few months to shed some pounds. I've decided to go in around the 2nd week in October if not sooner! Thanks for checking on me I was getting pretty discouraged.

I think you will be very happy with that decision.  You will have amazing results if you are close to your ideal weight.

Focus on weight loss and building muscle.  You will have a much easier recovery if you are in peak shape.

Keep me up to date:)  I want to cheer you on when you do this procedure.

Thinking about you and hope you are doing well.