Tumescent Lipo Laser Assisted - Chicago

I had laser lipo with tumescent 2 weeks ago and am...

I had laser lipo with tumescent 2 weeks ago and am still recovering. I'm a 27 healthy male, very active and fit, workout 6x a week cardio/weight training and very healthy diet (no trans fat, high protein, low carb).

I was fat in high school (5'8 & 215) but since lost it all, except for some stubborn fat on the abdomen. Thus, I got tumescent based laser lipo.

Post surgery (pics below). All the swelling is gone, the results were noticeable immediately, but my main concern is that i have quite a bit of scar tissue formation on the lower abdomen. My PS said to not worry about it as it will go away in a few months, but another PS friend I spoke to said to massage it every day for 40 mins.

Any ideas on what to do about the scar tissue? Is it helpful at this state to help re-attach the skin back to the muscles or will it detract from the final results? PS. Photo is t+10 days post op. Thanks! Sean

I had tumescent assisted laser lipo 2 weeks ago on upper and lower abdomen. I have significant scar tissue (hard lumps) on my mid section and lower abdomen. My PS said not to worry since the scar tissue will go away in 3 mos. I was wondering if scar tissue was healthy at this stage for any skin tightening aspects and if not approximately how many weeks post op should the lumps (scar tissue) expect to go down?

which surgeon did your procedure?
Picking the right plastic surgeon is very difficult..I've had a lot of experience with this and employ a very strict approach to selecting the right surgeon..please send me a private msg for furher discussion. thx

Hi socopenn - how are things now? Are you happy with your outcome?

Intelligent, good pre-op preparation and post-op care