Switching from Metal Braces to Invisalign - Chicago

Hello folks! I have a question about...

Hello folks!

I have a question about Invisalign. I'm currently wearing metal braces and I was told I'm qualified for Invisalign in a couple of weeks. After the Invisalign evaluation, how long does it take to get my first set of Invisalign? Also, would I need to be wearing metal braces in the meantime?

Thank you for your comments! =)
It should come in about 4 weeks, but your appointment may be a little after that period like mine was. (due to the doctor not being around

AS far as still wearing the braces in the mean time... Hmm thats a tricky one. Because you will have to take impressions. You cant have braces on while doing that. So I guess not? But then your teeth can start shifting after the impressions, since the braces will not be in. Talk to the doctor, Im sure they have a way and will tell you.
My dentist told me it wld take about 4 weeks I am still waiting on my aligners.

Hi -- Welcome to RealSelf! It takes approx. 4-8 weeks to get your first set of aligners. Have you had the impressions made yet? My hunch is that they can't do this if you have braces on, but you may want to ask in our Doctor Q&A Forum for a definitive answer.

Hope this helps and please keep us updated on your Invisalign journey.