Juvederm is Great if Applied Properly - Chicago, IL

Just had my second Juvederm treatment last week...

Just had my second Juvederm treatment last week and I'm loving it! The first was several years ago to minimize marionette troughs, I loved the result and the product lasted for well more than a year. Last week I received my second treatment, to minimize marionette troughs again and also naso-labial troughs. I couldn't be happier. I had zero bruising (surprising because I'm very pale and bruise easily), no discomfort after the injections, and only pin-prick injection marks that lasted for a few days. I could feel small bumps with my fingers but couldn't see them, they're almost all gone now. Friends and family say the result looks completely natural, and I think so too.

I advise anyone getting these injections to not use ibuprofen or aspirin or any other drug that might make you bleed more easily, it will pay off with less bruising. If you're a perfectionist, I suggest making note of any discolorations, bumps, or asymmetries BEFORE you get the injections so that when you scrutinize your face after the injections you'll know what came from the treatment and what was pre-existing. :) Also, consider doing small steps, and don't overfill just because you want to save money. If you're unhappy with the result you'll have to live with it or go back for further treatment. I personally would rather underfill than overfill.

Hi IChicagoI,

I and the community agree that underfilling is better then overfilling. It seems based on what the community says the it's easier to add than subtract. Your info about taking notes about how everything looked before is good info, I imagine after you have the procedure everything is a little worrisome. How long had you been thinking about Juvederm? Pictures would be cool!

Thanks,

-Britt

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cook and his entire staff are excellent! I've had several different non-surgical procedures at his office (IPL, Juvederm, TCA peel) and every one of them has been a complete success with no adverse reactions or other problems. And after seeing Dr. Cook's surgical results, I won't hesitate to choose Dr. Cook when I'm ready for a surgical procedure.