My Mommy Makeover Surgery! - Chicago, IL

Ahh!! I can't believe my Mommy Makeover surgery is...

Ahh!! I can't believe my Mommy Makeover surgery is only 3 weeks away :') I'm having a tummy tuck with liposuction and breast lift with augmentation. I'm so excited to reunite with my flat tummy and perky boobies! I'm 5'4 190lbs; I've lost 30lbs and gained a lot of muscle in the past 3 months (working out daily). I'm doing as much research as possible to prepare for the big day. My husband has been extremely helpful and supportive through my whole journey - very lucky to have him in my life. // I don't know anyone personally who's had plastic surgery; I really need advice from ya'll.

I'm finding it the worst struggle I have ever had to loose the 14lb I put on when I got married in Cyprus in July.. I ain't budged a pound in 3weeks and I have done everything x
Protein, a lot of water and arnica is the key to good recovery Hun.. This site will help you lots!! Have you got a chair recliner? That will help in first week to sleep to keep you in an angled position. But if not a lot of pillows around you will be fine. Also a foot stool to get onto and off your bed. I'm having my op on dec 18th so you will be on the flat side before me. Emma
Thank you for the tips, I really appreciate it. I just came back from ordering my recliner :) I still can't believe that I'm getting my flat belly back and getting rid of my kangaroo pouch - lol! Having my 3 babies really took a toll on my belly. I'm going to post a picture of my belly but I need to build the courage first. // I'm super excited for you - can't wait to see all your progress :)

I have to share this...

Here's a picture that shows my weightloss progress (the one on the left is me two months ago, the one on the right is me last month). I'm so excited to post my picture for this month!

Welcome this is the best site !! Had my surgery nov 6th !! So good number # lol wishing you all the best on your journey .
Yes, good number I see :) Thank you for the wishes. I'm so excited to get rid of my "kangaroo pouch" lol! I honesty can't even begin to imagine how great I'm going to look without it. I'm so happy for you and your transformation :)
Congrats! I lost 36 lbs prior to my surgery and I think it made a world of difference. You are gonna be so happy with your results! I'll be praying for you!

Today's picture

Took this picture today, feeling proud for the weight I've lost this far :-) I'm trying to lose as much weight as possible before my "New Me" day! Can't wait!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Today's picture

Working out makes this journey after surgery a lot easier. Using my legs has helped me pick up a lot of things I dropped when no one was around. Your going to love the new you :-)
Wow! Great work on the weight loss! Keep going string and enjoy your workouts since you'll be laid up for a while! I miss my workouts so much (even though I can't really imagine doing one just yet) how are your preparations going?
Preparations are going great! Thanks to this RS community, I have everything planned out. I rented my med lift recliner all stuff needed for post surgery. It's so hard to believe that it's only 16 days away!!

Yikes!!

I finally got the courage to take nude selfies of my body - lol! I can't believe how much worse I look in pictures. Thank God that in 10 days I get my flat belly back and my perky boobies. I can't believe I waited 7 years to have my Mommy Makeover! I could cry right now :'(

I'm So excited for you!! Two more days,,,, we have similar bodys so i know exactly how you feel ,good luck I wish you the very best!
Congratulations! Cannot wait to see your results! Please, keep sharing.
Not long now hun

Ready for my NewMe Day!

I'm super prepared for my Mommy Makeover surgery thanks to all of you, my RS friends :) My care package is complete, my lift recliner arrived today and I have all my healthy meals and protein shakes planned. I can't believe I am 1 day away from my surgery. Time sure flies!!!

I've been taking Arnica Montana pills for the past 3 days since my doctor told me it will help with the swelling and bruising. I sure hope they help because I'm having so much work done :/ (breast lift with augmentation, tummy tuck, liposuction of the flanks and upper back).

I'm super excited but also very nervous. I trust my doctor 100% but it scares me that my surgery could take up to 6 hours - yikes!! I'm also nervous because I don't know what type of pain to expect - I don't like taking pain meds because they make me nauseous and constipated. // I can't believe I'm going to be on the "flat side" in 1 day!

Please keep me in your prayers friends. Love you all very much. Talk to you soon :)

you may want to let your doc know that pain meds make you nauceous as they do me also, I asked for anti nausea meds, there is phenegran or I think it is called Zofran, ask him about this and get some milk of magnesia along with the stool softeners, this totally helped me, that way you can take your pain meds and not be sick or constipated, make sure you let them know and let them know you may be nauceous from anesthesia(if you do get that way) tell anesthesiologist as usually they will give you something prior to surgery, they did me, cause you don't want to get sick, I got a little sick 2nd day I was home so make sure you ask them about this, we all made it thru, wont say it doesn't hurt but it is bearable if you take meds, rest etc., best of luck to you with all of this and keep us updated !
Thank you, thank you for the great advice. I'll keep you posted :)
Praying for you!

Made it to the flat side/perky boobies side ladies!!

My surgery went great! I'll post pictures as soon as I can see my results. Thank you for all your prayers and great vibes. Feeling super blessed!!

Congrats! Happy to hear you made it to the flat side! Yaaaaay ; )I can't wait to see pics I bet your results look amazing.
Congrats, can't wait to see your pics...get senekot (my hubs is a pharmacist) for constipation, it works the best, you can still take stool softeners to break down the poo...seriously you will need it!! Now your new body will just need healing and you will feel fantastic in 3 to 4 weeks!!! REST!
Great pics

Day 1 and Day 2 post op updates

My experience after my mommy makeover surgery recovery has been great so far :) I would not change a thing. I totally dislike having the drains but I know they are necessary to help me heal.

Day 1 was a great day because I woke up feeling my belly to check if my kangaroo pouchy was still there but quickly found out my belly was flat! I suddenly became filled with joy to know it was gone! Then I proceeded to try to catch a glimpse of my new boobies but they were wrapped in a bandage. I wanted to unwrap my belly and boobies quickly to see my results; like a girl unwrapping a Birthday present!! I was so happy that I totally set aside all the nausea and discomfort I felt. Oh, forgot to mention my surgery was 5 1/2 hours long; came out of surgery at 3:00pm.

Day 2 was a little tougher. I felt more muscle tightness and nausea than day 1. The pain surprisingly was not as bad as I imagined it. The nausea was a far worse experience. I even told my husband that I wanted to discontinue the Vicodin and take Tylenol instead. He quickly asked me if I was crazy and told me to get that bad idea out of my head. Lol! But anyway on day 2,... I had a follow up visit with my doctor and he unwrapped my new babies! I mean boobies! :) I wanted to immediately photograph them but my husband told me to wait until the incision tape comes off. So I'm patiently waiting to show all of you my amazing results. (At this point I hadn't seen my new belly yet since my follow up appointment was 4 days later.)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Day 3 and Day 4 post update

Day 3- I was still on Vicodin (lowered my dose to 1 pill every 4 hours) and feeling muscle tightness on my chest and abdominal wall; pain was tolerable. My body was itchy all over; especially the areas where I had compression garments. I was still walking hunched over like an elderly lady but I was happy my back wasn't hurting (I read in a lot of reviews that several suffered from back pain). This was a good day also because my stool softeners finally kicked in after two days of not going "number 2" . Lol

Day 4- Started taking extra strength Tylenol instead of the Vicodin and I started feeling better because my constipation and nausea went away. On this day I was also walking straighter, had a little more energy and my itchiness went away. I took a glimpse of my new belly and almost cried with joy. I can't wait to see the NewMe at my follow up appointment tomorrow. I've been thanking God every step of the way on this incredible journey. The other person I can't thank enough is my wonderful husband who has taken such great care of me. I love him!! // I'm so excited to show you all my results on future reviews.Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes :)

Wow! Our experiences thus far seem so similar!! I'm so happy for you! I'm on post op day 3 today and am starting to take half my Percocet. Keep up the good healing!
Thank you :) I just read your mommy makeover review and yes we have similar experiences, even down to the panic/anxiety/shaking attack. I have no idea why my body does that before and after surgeries. Sending prayers and well wishes your way for a quick and healthy recovery :)
Congrats! Can't wait to see the new you!

Super Happy!!

Exactly the results I was praying for :) They look even better than they were before I had my 3 babies!!!

Hi there! A late congrats on your surgery, hope your healing is going well. Your boobies look great in the pic but I bet they are looking even better by now. I'm 6 weeks out and feeling good. Hope we get to see some new pics soon. :-)
Hey! They look great! Hurry and get some tummy pics on here! Can't wait to see. I hope you're healing is going well! Take care.
Hey there, your boobies look lovely!
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Amazing Doctor - true body sculpting artist! Amazing Results!! All his staff are super sweet and very caring. I couldn't have dreamed of better results or a better experience.