Vi Peel - Chicago, IL

Brief history: I am 35 years old, caucasian, lots...

Brief history: I am 35 years old, caucasian, lots of freckles, acne scarring. I've done things in the past like IPL for the freckles but wasn't really too impressed. I have been to many doctors to get an opinion on a good treatment to just help with the scarring and freckles. Seems like each doctor has a completely different approach to my skin and at the end of the day, I just wonder what newest laser they are pushing on me. Honestly, it is exhausting. Reading hours of RealSelf and other stories also leaves you just flat out confused.

I found a great esthetician here in Chicago and she is very knowledgeable and she used to be a biologist. Knows her stuff and her skin is beautiful too. I had a facial done with her and micro dermabrasion last year. I asked her about peels and said she does the Vi Peel. I believe in having Dr's do any type of medical procedure but let's face it, most of these procedures including lasers seem to be done by estheticians other than the Dr. I've noticed this in many places and even with well known plastic surgeons. I decided to just do it.

I went in and she wiped my face down with acetone. She had a fan on me and it was nothing. She then started gently applying the peel which smelled like bandaids. That took about 15-20 minutes. She gave me the aftercare instructions and her cell and off I went. Didn't look like anything when I left. Had it at 3:30 pm. I washed it off with dove soap at 11 pm, then used the towelette all through my face. Felt a little tingly and slightly itchy. Went to bed.

Next day dove soap, moisturizer/sunscreen. Again it didn't really look like anything. Looked a little tan if anything. Evening routine the same with the dove and the 2nd towelette. Was a little heated this time and felt like sunburn.

Day 3 still just looked a little sunburn. When I took a shower that evening though, it felt like my face was on fire and a little itchy. I applied a little cortisone and it settled down after a bit.

Day 4, I started to peel around my mouth. It's amazing to see it peel.

Day 5 was time to return to work and it was peeling still. I would say I peeled from day 4 through day 7.

It is not really a quick thing and I looked crazy with skin hanging all over and falling off. Luckily I work for myself so it wasn't a problem. Skin under is baby soft, brighter, whiter and smoother. It is not a drastic change and it's not like I have flawless skin now. It really is a nice procedure to just get rid of some old skin and freshen up your appearance. I would do it again. I decided instead of all these lasers and drastic procedures, I will just maintain my skin with microderm, regular facials and the occasional peel.

Temilla's Skin Care

Teresa is a wonderful person who really has a passion for skin and what she does. She even called me on the weekend to check on me. She has also turned me onto products that I cannot live without now and I normally don't buy products like this but they have made a difference.

Thanks so much for sharing. I wanted to try the VI peel and I have been looking for a safe proffessional place in Chicago to get it done. Can you list a phone number, address etc
Hello, her name is Theresa and I think she is wonderful. She really knows skin. She is a former biologist. I've gone to her for facials, microdermabrasion and this peel. I would start with a facial so you can talk to her. She also sells great products I've never used before and love now. Temilla's Skincare 3110 N. Sheridan Rd 773-281-4334

It sounds like you found a great treatment that works well for you!! Thanks for sharing how long it took you to peel. That is always good info for someone considering a treatment to know.

How often do you plan to have the Vi Peels done?