30 Y/o with No Kids but Loose Skin After Weight Loss - Chicago, IL

I lost 60 lbs, mostly from my stomach, when I was...

I lost 60 lbs, mostly from my stomach, when I was 20 y/o after being overweight since the age of 12. It left me with extra skin hanging off my mid section and no visible belly button. After 10 years I decided to take care of it with a tummy tuck, even though I had never had kids. This was a gift to myself - I work out regularly, eat healthy, and deserve to see the beautiful muscles hidden under all that skin.

Dr. Platis was my second consult and without any hesitation, I decided he should perform the procedure. He is direct but nice, and I was impressed with his contouring and belly button results. His office staff is super nice and helpful too.

Fast forward two months later, I am 1 week post surgery and feeling great. Honestly, after prepping myself for worst case scenarios, the whole process was...dare I say...easy. Sure, days before the surgery I was a nervous wreck, panicking about infection, DVT, or death (I am a nervous person). But once I got to the surgical facility, it felt real and time went by so quickly. One minute, I'm being prepped, the next, I'm waking up from surgery. I wasn't in any pain until the next day but I had my percocet, so pain was minimal. I was walking around the next day, and more so by day 3. I think the most annoying/painful part is sleeping on my back! I can't wait until I can move around in my sleep freely w/o worrying about pressure and pain. The incision/scar looks scary but what I was expecting. It will heal over time.

This was 100% worth it. I can't wait to see the results in 1 month (and 1 year)!

2 weeks out...

I'm feeling great and back to work. The first day was the worst- super swollen and tired. Make sure you wear your binder tightly as it will help with the swelling greatly!
Chicago Plastic Surgeon