30 Y/o with No Kids but Loose Skin After Weight Loss - Chicago, IL

I lost 60 lbs, mostly from my stomach, when I was...

I lost 60 lbs, mostly from my stomach, when I was 20 y/o after being overweight since the age of 12. It left me with extra skin hanging off my mid section and no visible belly button. After 10 years I decided to take care of it with a tummy tuck, even though I had never had kids. This was a gift to myself - I work out regularly, eat healthy, and deserve to see the beautiful muscles hidden under all that skin.

Dr. Platis was my second consult and without any hesitation, I decided he should perform the procedure. He is direct but nice, and I was impressed with his contouring and belly button results. His office staff is super nice and helpful too.

Fast forward two months later, I am 1 week post surgery and feeling great. Honestly, after prepping myself for worst case scenarios, the whole process was...dare I say...easy. Sure, days before the surgery I was a nervous wreck, panicking about infection, DVT, or death (I am a nervous person). But once I got to the surgical facility, it felt real and time went by so quickly. One minute, I'm being prepped, the next, I'm waking up from surgery. I wasn't in any pain until the next day but I had my percocet, so pain was minimal. I was walking around the next day, and more so by day 3. I think the most annoying/painful part is sleeping on my back! I can't wait until I can move around in my sleep freely w/o worrying about pressure and pain. The incision/scar looks scary but what I was expecting. It will heal over time.

This was 100% worth it. I can't wait to see the results in 1 month (and 1 year)!

2 weeks out...

I'm feeling great and back to work. The first day was the worst- super swollen and tired. Make sure you wear your binder tightly as it will help with the swelling greatly!
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

You look amazing so soon after surgery. I am having Platis do my revision as I had a mini TT and not happy with the results. I would be thrilled with your results. You look great. :)
Congrats... you look amazing!
Good for you in the weight loss and getting the surgery at 30! It took me til almost 40 to change my life and get the weight off and I'll be almost 43 when I have my surgery next week. Hope you feel great and enjoy every minute of your beautiful flat tummy.
Beautiful results! You can def tell u work out! Awesomeness.
You look great! I hope I have the same results.
You look great!