LOVE the Initial Swelling - Chicago, IL

I had Sculptra done yesterday to fill out my...

I had Sculptra done yesterday to fill out my cheeks and my long, narrow face. I've had other fillers in the past, with variable results (sometimes good, sometimes minimal). This time I went to a new doctor who recommended Sculptra.

Immediately after the first treatment he commented that I looked 15 years younger, and I totally agreed! Unfortunately, I know that the swelling will be gone in about a week or so, and I'll be back to my pre-treatment look. However, if I can get results like this with time and multiple treatments, Sculptra will be well worth the money.

My doctor warned me before treatment that about 5 percent of his patients did not respond to Sculptra, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The treatment itself is about as painful as getting other fillers. I didn't need an OTC pain killer afterward.

Hi I'm Julie from Chicago as well. I'm interested in using Scluptra! Where did you go for this treatment? How long did your doctor say it would last? And how much did your doctor use? I'm just concerned about the pricing! Thanks!
I saw Dr. Iteld at the Geldner Center. He is very personable, and he seems to be skilled with Sculptra. I had 2 treatments of 2 vials each for a total cost of $3000. (Yeah, Sculptra isn't cheap. And the first treatment of 2 vials runs $1500--a lot of money to spend when there's at least a 5% chance that the stuff won't work for you at all.) My results were very good--although not quite as nice as the way I looked with the initial swelling. I probably will need a touch-up of another vial in a year. I'm thin and have a narrow face, and the Sculptra has made me much more photogenic. From what I've read, results with Sculptra are very much dependent on the skills of the person doing the injections. This is definitely not a treatment that you'd want to do using Groupon.

Glad to hear you are liking the new look, even if its temporary at this point. How are things looking now that a few more days have passed?