One month away! - Chicago, IL

Hi all! Like everybody else, or most everyone on...

Hi all! Like everybody else, or most everyone on this site, I hate my nose. Ever since a snowball fight when I was about 6 I've noticed a small bump. As I got older the bump got larger. I've been thinking about surgery since I was about 14 but never had the money. When I was 19 I had a consultation but was not at all impressed with the surgeon. So now as I'm older and have some money saved up I'm thinking about looking into it some more. There are no really good surgeons in my area so I'm looking into going to Chicago. If anyone has any recommendations of good surgeons in the Chicago area, I'd really appreciate your help!

Welcome to RealSelf! I'm so glad you've started your story.

Here's a list of doctors in Chicago who do rhinoplasty. And here's a list of questions to ask your prospective rhinoplasty surgeons.

Hi there, are you from Chicago? There are a lot of surgeons in the Chicago area but you really need to see their pictures first than go see them. I have gone to 3 of them here. Whats hard here is there are so many of them and you really do not know who is the best or better of them all. Good luck and let us know who you will end up with.
I actually live in Wisconsin but have not found anyone here that I'm too impressed by. I figured by going to a larger city I'd have better luck. I found quite a few I'm interested in at least consulting with in Chicago but since there are so many it's hard to narrow it down.

Surgery in one month!

Well I'm scheduled for my surgery in one month from tomorrow. Getting kind of nervous! Somewhat worried about the blood work needed for the surgery, and that although I consider myself healthy, for some reason I won't pass. Also kinda worried my nose might turn out worse than before. I'm sure all of these thoughts/worries are normal.

Who did you end up deciding on?
I decided with Dr. Shah
What made you decide on him? I have seen him too, very nice doctor but I am a revision patient so a little different for me. Have you seen anyone else here in Chicago?