Over the Moon! -Chicago, IL

I had a disastrous primary. My nose had a scooped...

I had a disastrous primary. My nose had a scooped out bridge, was overly shortened and deprojected, the tip was upturned and the nostrils on show. I had 2 subsequent revision with Ronald Gruber in Oakland but it still wasn't right. Dr Shah gave me back my ideal nose which looks completely natural. He lengthened and projected it as well as giving me back a refined sharp tip.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am so thankful to him, he really is a talent at what he does and completely caring.

Are you still happy with your surgery from Shah?
I understand your needs as a man to have a more masculine nose, but i really loved the subtle femininity of your previous nose before the last revision. I guess most men want a more masculine look.
I think he looks much, much better after his revision with Shah. Happy ending to this story.
I went with Shah because there was no BS about him. Talking to him is like a friend and you know he wants to do the very best of his abilities to get you the results you want. I had been with older more experienced surgeons who promised everything you wanted but deep down I knew I was just another patient and pay cheque to them. Dr Shah was different. I knew if it didn't work out this time then that was it I wasn't going to chase after what I wanted because I knew I had found the best guy for the job and everything did work out :)
I just had my consult with him last week. My situation would be described similar to yours, scooped out, deprojected, rounded tip...your revision is fantastic! I am close to choosing him over other experienced surgeons...what made you decided on Shah?
I had a caudal extension graft which basically sits at the base of the septum. This acts to project out the tip and lengthen the nose. Shah also had to remove a lot of scar tissue from around the tip of the nose. This is probably the area I am most pleased with as it exceeded my expectations as I didn't think it was possible to get the tip back to this normal looking again after my previous surgeries.
l like how your tip is pointier after, do you know how that was done?
Hi, your profile looks great from the pics! I was wondering if you're still loving your results, and if you could possibly post some frontal pics? I'm considering Shah for a revision which would most likely involve rib for projection and length, so I would love to hear more about your experience. Thanks again for sharing!
Your nose looks amazing! I also have a rhino with him and I'm so excited you had such positive results. Hope your swelling is going down and better :)
Dr shahs fees were $5500 and the Medical Center and anaesthetist were $3500. The op was about 4.5 hours. I will upload a frontal in the next few days. Dr shah also needed to perform an otoplasty on my right ear that de gruber had harvested cartilage from. This had left my ear flat and unprotected causing my ears to look asymmetrical. Dr shah rebuilt the bowl of this ear with rib cartilage and he has matched my ears perfectly. He didn't charge me for this procedure either.
Absolutely worth 9k....love it
Congratulations! your nose looks perfect...if possible could you upload a direct front view photograph please?
also was it 9k including your travels, accommodation etc? (you've got me interested)
Thanks everyone! I was really worried regarding the rib graft thinking I was going to have a mass of swelling and it was going to feel hard as rock. I was amazed at cast off how little swelling there was. The picture above was taken 2 weeks after surgery. I am now a month and a bit after surgery and my noses feels more natural then it did going into surgery. I think because the proportions are now correct it feels more like my old natural nose as opposed to the shortened squidgy nose I had before that did not feel natural. I was expecting hard as rock but its not like that at all in fact it is quite mobile.
Your nose looks great!!!
wow rib graft? does it feel natural? it looks great
Look natural and nicer
That looks great! Very natural.

You look great! Thanks so much for sharing on RealSelf.

Dr. Shah did a great job! Enjoy!
So glad you found a good surgeon after all that! You look great. :)
Wow...what an ordeal you've been through. So glad that you finally have the nose you wanted. How long from primary to last revision? Thanks so much for sharing your story and photos. Congratulations...you look great!