Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty - Chicago, IL

No major trauma during surgery - I know this...

No major trauma during surgery - I know this because of how well my healing process went. Healing went almost perfectly fine until gauze started to fall out about 5 days post/op which was quite painful and annoying, but I had minimal bruising and no puffiness or swelling due to surgery. Bruising went away within 10 days post/op.

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf! Were there any supplies that really helped you as you were recovering?

definitely drinking straws, lots of water and disposable plastic cups, foods/snacks that you can "suck" on because you really won't be able to comfortably eat while you have the packing in. Extra gauze will help, and medical tape!! If I think of anything else I'll let you know!
Congrats. I hope it's just the swelling that makes it look not straight.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Galiano is a very nice doctor. I had a rhinoplasty/septoplasty earlier this year. I had expressed to him that my major concern was the symmetry of my nose on my face, and I of course wanted to be able to breathe better. I can definitely breathe better, the bump on my ridge is definitely gone, and it is a little more symmetrical. I'm not going to lie, I wish it was more "straight" on my face but I am overall happy with the procedure. His staff are all great, as well and he has a nice/clean office. Again, the only complaint I have is that my nose isn't as straight as I hoped it would have been.