Finally Did It - Chicago, IL

So I had my surgery this morning - my post op...

So I had my surgery this morning - my post op experience has been pretty good so far. I had a closed rhino and lower bleph (with interior incision) and I have absolutely no bruises on my face right now, my undereyes are a bit poofy, and the tip of my nose is numb and swollen. My nostrils look somewhat irregular, and my nose sticks out a whole bunch, actually I'm kind of nervous that my nose wont look good but I know it's only day one what the heck am I thinking. It looks pretty big though and not that different from the old nose (but hey, I'm pretty ok with that, i mostly just wanted to shave off the bump from when I broke it , i will wear my jewish nose with pide)

Also, I can breathe perfectly through my nose. Like ... I can breathe just FINE. Huge surprise. I hear that the second and third day can get pretty nasty with swelling, so maybe I just haven't reached that point yet but hey so far so good!

How I am taking care of myself: Today I literally sat in bed all day. I felt fine after the surgery - no nausea or anything, in fact I had plenty of energy I felt like I had a really good nights rest! I've been taking arnica suppliments all day and applied the cream to my undereyes, also using ice packs here and there. I didn't really have any pain but have been taking minimal dosage of codeine just to ease my body of any potential stress. There is a humidifier in the room which has helped breathing through my mouth (even though I can breathe through my nose I've been trying to breathe through my mouth just in case)

So yeah, so far its definitely too early to tell with anything - except that the healing process is great and party of me doesnt even believe he did all the things he did because I dont feel a thing and look way less bashed up than I thought I would!

You have a great attitude! Of course your nose looks big, silly. It's swollen and has a splint. Just give it some time. And, as Britt said, we'd love to see Befores and Afters when you're up to it.

Hi Fun,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. I'm glad everything has been going well so far. You should check out from our forum 9 Things I wish I'd Known Before Rhinoplasty, it will probably answer some of your questions. Also do you have pictures?

Thanks,

-Britt

Amazing bedside manner. So far, the healing is going way better than I thought it would. Unfortunately, I cannot give a very thorough opinion because I cannot see my results yet, but I would recommend him so far.