Trying to Decide if Its Right for Me - Chicago, IL

I've always hated my nose, and it's time I...

I've always hated my nose, and it's time I make a change, I think... I'm worried about cost, and that I will not like the end result. My grandmother is of Jewish decent, and for some reason, I'm not only one in my family that got "the nose". My nose has bothered me since 7th grade when I started getting teased about it.

I feel it is too big for my face, and I hate the huge hump, that has grown since I was in high school. I usually delete any picture that shows my profile. I honestly feel that my nose is causing a lack of confidence and that I could be much prettier if it were smaller. If this were your face, would you get the surgery? This would be my college graduation gift to myself and would be done in 2014.

I know your nervous and we all are before having this done but you won't regret the decision if you have it done. Make sure that you research and find a Dr who is on the same page as to what you want and what can be done and you should be fine. Good luck.
I was nervous before my surgery as well but my doctor and his staff were really reassuring. I was also scared to remove my cast because I was afraid I'd hate my nose but getting my nose fixed was the best decision I've ever made. Right after the cast was taken off, my nose was a bit squared off and I was worried it would stay like that but my doctor said that it was only like that b/c of the cast and it'd get better and less swollen with time. By the end of that day, my nose was not squared anymore and it looked very cute. I am more confident now and I love my new nose. My doctor did a wonderful job. He gave me a cute natural looking nose. I have pictures on my profile if you'd like to see. My surgery cost $6300 and my insurance covered part of the cost for my medications (vicodin, anti-nausea, antibiotics) so the total for my medications was about $40. If you have not chosen a doctor yet, I 'd recommend mine. His name is Dr. Turowski. I really liked his staff, the facility and him. But there are also other good surgeons in Chicago. Just do your research and make sure your doctor has plenty experience and is board certified. Good luck!
good luck with your surgery!! i am sure everything will be fine. I was a complete "scaredy cat" about this surgery..i balled my eyes out in the car before I even walked into the office the morning of cause i was so scared lol!! To be honest, it wasn't even that bad... just get a lot of movies and rest up, you will be fine. you can read my blog if it helps u! :)