Revision Surgery Done! - Chicago, IL

I had my first rhinoplasty a year ago in Costa...

I had my first rhinoplasty a year ago in Costa Rica, and it went totally wrong! :(
At the end I looked like before the surgery but with an upturn nose and some indentations!!

So I saved a lot of money and came to Chicago for a revision rhinoplasty. Since it was a revision, the doctor had to used cartilage from my ears to fix the indentations and lower upturned the nose.
Yesterday my cast was removed, and the horror begin again! I hope it is just swelling, because right now I feel I look like a clown, soooo different from how I looked before.
I like the shape of my new nose but it is soo different! I look like a different person and that is scary.... I hope the swelling will go down fast!!!

Day 9... the swelling is going down! :)

Today I went to my doctors office. And he took some pictures.. The change is amazing!
And I still have a lot of swelling.. so I can wait to see the final results.
The weird thing is... that I look so different, it is weird to see myself in the mirror

Day 15... Still weird

Yesterday my nose was really pretty (christmas gift!), but today it is swollen again. :(
I hate the waiting!!! And my family and friends just tell me I look weird so that doesnt help.

3 months!

I still feel my nose really stiff and in the mornings it is really swollen. But I think it is getting better every day.. :)
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am really happy with my choise. He is the best! I guest he is really busy so he doesn´t spend much time with you, but his staff is amazing. I loved them!

Wow, you had sooo much swelling! Thanks for sharing with us and I hope you continue to update us. Best of luck to you!
Your nose will get better as the swelling goes down. With thick skin the swelling takes longer to subside. My revision is next Tuesday and I really hope to achieve great results but I'm prepared for the swelling!
Do you have a board certified FACIAL plastic surgeon who has done many revisions? I wish you the best, dont do fat transfer...its too risky
Looking wonderful!
Loks much beter after revision.Thanks for post:)
Nose shape looks good. How is healing going now at 3 months? Can you post or send pics?
It is still very big, but it is improving I think. What do you think?
It looks like it is improving and very symmetrical; I found some websites that might make you feel better and some profiles on realself on good outcomes after swelling went down. See dr. dean toriumi at deantoriumi.com/faq4.asp. He talks about swelling and how most patients want an immediate smaller nose, but this can end up with a nose that is compromised, pinched, and too small in the long run. also check out jessim828 and dolce930 on realself, they had good results after swelling went down. I am also waiting for my swelling to subside too. Have faith that things will go well for you.
Your results look wonderful! Once the swelling goes down, I bet it will look even better.
Hey! I wish you a great healing, your nose is looking really better!Congratulations for you nice revision!
You look wonderful! Just swollen as expected! Hang in there!
Its a big change and from the looks of it, for the better! It looks great, I hope you're happy with it.
I think it looks very good. Your tip is very swollen so it will take a while to get better but your bridge looks beautiful and your tip will look good as well. Keep us posted.
U looke better for me after revision surgery
Thank you! I think the same but it is a big difference... So i guess it is weird but weird good!
Wowww! Just lovely!
Wow you flew all the way to Chicago. I remember your story the first time around. I am sorry you had to get a revision. Sounds like you are on your way for recovery. Your nose looks fantastic already. Are you still in Chicago? Keep us updated! I followed your story before would love to see you happy with your revision.
You look GREAT! And I'm not just saying that. Truly lovely. Thank you so much for sharing on RealSelf. How was the revision recovery compared to the first rhino recovery?
Actually it was better. :) No brusing, less swelling. I think it depends a lot with the technique the doctor uses.
Thank you! I am really happy now! :)
omg ur new postop pics are gorgeous! are u thrilled?!
I think it is definitely because of the swelling that you're not happy because it looks like it's going to be really good result! the shape of it underneath you can tell looks really nice. I had a revision two weeks ago go see my profile. take ibuprofen everyday!
Who did your revision? Did you have fascia placed in your tip. I am getting ready to have a tip revision and surgeon said fascia can cause exaggerated swelling at first! Grafting can also cause more swelling on top of the fact that it is a revision. Hang in there. I bet swelling will settle a bit more around 3 weeks out. Hang in there!
He just put cartilage from my ear on the tip.
Hello maybe u can tell yuor dr name?and i think its swelling i think u looke great:)