Restylane Lip Augmentation, Second Attempt -Chicago, IL

Attempting to correct upper lip asymmetry: After a...

Attempting to correct upper lip asymmetry: After a bad first experience with Juvederm at another office, I was wary to try again. After hearing many great things about Michelle Whitehall, I decided to take the plunge. We talked about what I wanted and what would be best for me. She recommended a partial of Restylane to create a subtle difference. The overall pain factor was mild, and before I knew it, it was over! I only had swelling for one day, and by the next it was completely gone. My lips look beautiful, natural. No one would or could ever guess that I had anything done. There are no lumps and bumps, my lip is soft, smooth and wonderful.

They say the injector is key– and after a poor first experience, I can honestly say that is true. I couldn't be happier and I will continue to visit Michelle for further augmentations.

Restylane Update: Two weeks post

After two weeks, I went in for my first check. The results were great and barely noticeable to anyone but me. I asked for a bit more to add additional fullness, and a very small amount was added. Michelle is such an excellent injector, her technique and skill follow the natural contours of my lip.
Michelle Whitehall, MS, PA-C

Absolutely lovely. She has the skill and the eye for a truly great outcome. She made me feel at ease and very comfortable. Truly a miracle worker!

So glad you found an injector you like! Do you know how much Restylane was used to get the look you wanted?

Hi Megan, initially a little less than a half syringe was used. Two weeks later, a small amount more was used for a bit more fullness. All in all it ended up being a bit less than a full syringe. It is natural and fits the contours of my face.

I'm glad to hear they took a slow approach and added a bit more when you felt it was needed rather than going overboard to begin with.

Please keep us posted how it holds up over the next few months and when you start to notice it wearing off.