Very Pleased with my Radiesse Results! - Chicago, IL

The best Christmas present I got this year came in...

The best Christmas present I got this year came in a syringe :-) I received Radiesse injections (one syringe) for correction of nasolabial folds and oral commissures exactly a week ago, and am very pleased with my results.

I came here and did quite a bit of reading before the procedure, and really appreciated that some members shared a lot of detail about their experiences. In the spirit of that, I'll describe exactly what happened in my case...

The doctor pointed out to me the specific areas where he was going to inject, and described a little about why these would give the most appealing and natural looking results. He gave me an ice pack to hold against the area he was going to start with, and I held the ice pack in place for about five minutes. The injections started in the upper area (closest to the nose) and then progressed to a point just below the corner of my mouth. This process was then repeated on the other side.

Did the injections hurt? I can't lie ... they weren't pleasant, particularly in the work close to my mouth. But they weren't terribly painful, either, and I never reached a level of discomfort that tempted me to ask the doctor to stop. My Radiesse had Lidocaine mixed in, and that in addition to the prep with ice did a lot to make the procedure less uncomfortable.

Immediately after the injections, the doctor worked about 15-20 minutes on molding. This involved a fairly vigorous manual massaging of the treated areas, and a second pass over them with a vibrator. I was given an ice pack to take home, and told to use it on the treated areas about ten minutes every hour for the rest of the day. I followed the directions exactly, and by the next morning a majority of the swelling had gone down. A week later, I don't notice any swelling, and the small area that was initially a bit bruised has almost cleared up.

I am so happy with the change the Radiesse has made to my appearance! I'm going back in a few months for a touch-up, and am going to have a bit of Radiesse work done in the cheek area.

Harold Diaz, MD

I highly recommend Dr. Harold Diaz (HD Med Spa & Clinic in Chicago's Lakeview neighborhood) to anyone interested in having a dermal fillers procedure ... Dr. Diaz is a very friendly and positive person who knows how to work with the contours of the face to achieve the best possible results. His prices are very reasonable, and there is never pressure from him to buy additional procedures or products (though he does offer a comprehensive selection of skin care procedures and anti-aging therapies).

Sounds great, it will be so useful for the community. :)

Thanks,

-Britt

Hi BalineseCat,

Thanks for such a detailed review. Much like the detailed reviews helped you this too will help other community members. I too am really glad everything worked out so well for you. Please keep us updated to your next visit, and we would love to see pictures.

Thanks,

-Britt

Thanks for your reply Britt. Will post an update when I go for the followup Radiesse. I have a Vi-Peel scheduled for late January, and will review that too :-)