Please Get on Accutane -Chicago, IL

I took accutane at 25 years old while working part...

I took accutane at 25 years old while working part time and attending graduate school full time....

the side affects I experienced were,
low energy, dry mouth, dry skin, and slight depression (which is not normal for myself).

Overall it was 100% worthwhile. ACCUTANE works... Please take it before you scar, because scarring is a worse and more complex issue to deal with than the acne itself (trust me , I am a victim)

Hi, I'm Ana. Your story is amazing and I am hoping to take Accutane soon. My acne isn't too bad but my face is the only place I have acne and I just want to get rid of it for good. So I was just wondering. How sever was your acne was? How long did you have to take it for? And did you have your insurance to help with paying for it at all?
Why was it so much?

You make a great point about the scarring - it really can be a challenge to treat, can't it? :-/ Thanks for sharing your Accutane story with us. I'm so glad it worked for you!!

I'm getting ready to start claravis in a few days and I'm so scared, do u have any advise? I'm 23 yr old female that has cystic acne on forehead and chin for about 2 years now..I've tried everything as for antibiotics and topicals..nothing works..I hope claravis works bc my self esteem is shot, but I'm so scared to take it.any advise would be appreciated :)
hi theresa!!! do not be scared. with any medication there is side effects ( look at the back of a tylenol bottle one day) , but thr chances of you expecting any sevrre side effects is very unlikely. im sure you will get dry skin, dry lips, dry mouth. i used crisco! i know its so disgusting but my derm recomended it to me, and unliks
Ok thank u..makes me feel a little.better..another concern I have is taking it woth alcohol. I like to go out with my lady friends like every other weekend but I definitely don't want to drink if its going to kill my liver bc I know accutane/claravis goes through liver and can rise your trig levels.
sorry for the typo and cut off! But anyways, disgusting as it is, I used crisco on my face. It sunk in my skin, versus vaseline which sits on the surface. there was no smell involved either! I put some in an empty carmex container and used that probably 10 times a day for my lips. Mild cleanser (cetaphil) is fine for a facial wash. I did not experience any huge initial breakout. I broke out regularly for the first two months, and then it was clear sailing for the next 3. I am not sure if you have tried this, but when I would get cystic acne, I would always have my doctor give me cortizone shots ! It helped SOOOO much! and no its not a permanent solution, the accutane is, but I would never have huge bumps on my face, because I was literally in the derms office twice a week getting any cyst shot with cortizone which would immediately flatten it out! i think i occasionally drank on accutane with no side effects as well.
Thanks!