Permanent Eyeliner - Chicago, IL

Not worth it. Not at all what I asked for....

Not worth it. Not at all what I asked for. It's very sloppy work. Hard to tell in the photo because of the angle but in person, you can notice it right off.

2 years later.....

After two years, the permanent eyeliner still looks horrible. Although it is not as thick as it was at first, but you can clearly see the line is not where it should be. So much more noticeable in photos now too.

2 years later....

Havanna Nights Spa in Lincoln Square

After telling the woman exactly what I wanted, she did what SHE wanted. It's awful. And this place was award winning :(

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Could you share the name of the place that did it. I am looking to have this done and would like to avoid a bad experience
Awe.. Yep the right eye definitely looked thicker on the bottom then the left. That sux! I wouldn't pay for it either! Very careless of what YOU wanted :(
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Mary,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will look into the dry needling! I can't wait for this to start fading as it is and I've only just had it done last month. Once again, thank you for your suggestion.
Thank you! I'm feeling pretty good about it. But, I don't think I'll be looking to get this fixed. I'm hoping it will fade over time. I'll never do this type of procedure again.
Hi Kid...I hate to hear about stories like this. I am a PMU practicitoner in Tampa. Listening to the client is so important, I cant believe that she would do the opposite of what you desire. Just a suggestipon....If you go to a technician, possibly dry needling the area, causing it bleed, some of the pigment will be broken up and released into a scab...this might speed up the process of removing. Eyeliners are so easy to do, but hard to fix...that is why I do not do thick liner at all, ever..I stay only in the lash line. Best of luck to you. Mary
Somehow, and it wasn't easy, I did manage to keep my cool. I did however put the payment on my credit card, which was very lucky for me. I called the credit card company and explained that I would like to dispute the charge. I spoke to a supervisor at the credit card company and was told that although the woman performed services, it was not the service I requested. While on the line, the supervisor called the salon the woman owns. She agreed to refund my money. :)

Nicely done!! That has to make you feel a bit better about the whole experience. :)

I'm so sorry you aren't happy with the way your permanent eyeliner came out. :( You are right, it doesn't look bad in the pictures, but I am very picky about my makeup and can definitely understand how upsetting it would be if it wasn't what you wanted it to look like.

Thank you for your comment. The permanent eyeliner looks worse today, now that it's starting to heal more. I can clearly see how uneven it is from one eye to the other. I just feel so disappointed especially because of the awards this woman won for her work on permanent makeup. Even more disappointing that I gave her specifics on what I wanted. When I asked why it did not even come close to what I asked for, the woman stated that "this looks better for you." Ummmm.....excuse me????

Wow...did you manage to keep your cool? I'm not sure I would have been able to.

It looks pretty bad Donna and the worst part is that with your eye shape the bottom line should have never been so thick and it should have never be a full line, it should have only be quarter in the outer corners of each eye the upper line should have go up before it reached the end of eye to visually lift the eye. I am really tired of seeing bad work like that it give other makeup artists who do a good job bad rep...

Wouldn't the application style be more up to the person getting it done, than the aesthetician? It seems to me, like with regular makeup, everyone is going to have their own idea of what looks good. Ultimately the person wearing it has to feel comfortable with it, so set standards of "it should never be a full line" seem like they wouldn't take into account people who may actually want that look, though I know that wasn't the case in this particular instance.