Still Researching Doctors - Chicago, IL

I live in the Chicagoland area. I have been...

I live in the Chicagoland area. I have been meeting with surgeons on the mommy makeover. Have you heard of a doctor leaving in a pain pump? Also I have been reading all your reveiws and for you whom have had this done can you please let me know who you Doctor was? Should this be done at a hospital or can it be done at surgical center? I am 40 years old and tired of my baby fat since I have had my daughter whom is 13 I have been trying to lose this. My boobs never went down and of course never back up.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

After reading some of the posts hear,, I see that...

After reading some of the posts hear,, I see that some women stayed in the hospital and some were out patient. Is there a difference and would you prefer to stay in the hospital?

I could not say enough how you would probably want to stay at least one night if possible. I had to stay two nights and there was no way I would have made it at home or in a hotel. I had to stay in with previous outpatient surgeries too though. Everybody is different but I would stay if you have a choice. Defintly worth the extra cost.
@mom_me Thank you so much I already so drink a lot of water. I drink Kangen water. Its a water that high in alkaline it is much better and crisper than any bottle or tap water. I will note the ice packs and stool softens.
Well then I'm glad you will get the pain pump. Did he explain what he means by leaving it in? They give you alot of meds for pain and you should be sure to take them even a little early so they have time to kick in. If something isn't working for you then have them call something else in. Also alot of people myself included appriciated the valium for muscle relaxing. Be sure to have stool softeners or even laxatives handy and start taking them right after you get home because the pain pills will constipate you. Lots of water too. I also found ice packs to be my best friend aside from the pain meds lol.