Better Than Expected - Chicago, IL

I am trying to lighten dark spots on my face from...

I am trying to lighten dark spots on my face from melasma and the sun. I am too dark to have laser treatments.

I have been using a prescription hydroquinone for about five weeks and it has been quite helpful. A friend and I went to have microdermabrasion and facials at a spa owned by her son in law. I had no idea what to expect as I have never had this type of treatment before.

The technician was thorough in explaining the process and what I might experience as a result (with my use of hydroquinone my skin my be more sensitive) and if I were to come back again how to prepare better (stop using hydroquinone and retinol products) and to combine it with an enzyme peel to better target the dark spots.

She was careful, precise and the treatment left my skin soft and glowing. I had no discomfort. I noticed at the end of the day my skin was quite pink in areas, but after 24 hours that has completely diminished. My skin is amazingly smooth and radiant. I would definitely have this treatment again and combine it with an enzyme peel as suggested to maintain.

We were lucky enough to have a family member suggest this service.