Great Experience. - Chicago, IL

I had lost over 70 pounds in the last three years...

I had lost over 70 pounds in the last three years and had been searching for a doctor for months between the San Francisco bay area and Chicago. I finally decided on Dr. Pensler because he made me the most comfortable and confident with the decision to proceed with the surgery. I had a body lift and bilateral gynecomastia.

I am currently 3rd day post op and I am recovering just fine. His entire staff including the staff at the River North Sugery Center was nothing short of caring and professional.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. I'm glad your surgery went well.

Have you had much pain since the surgery? Do you have any expectations on how long recovery will be?

I do have a fairly high tolerance to pain but I do not have a tolerance for blood. The medication helps for pain and for sleeping but to see your own body bloody and cut up is so surreal and I've blacked out a few times. I'm planning on being back at work about 11 days after the surgery. I'm currently on day 6 and i'm pretty much able to get in and out of bed on my own and I can walk around on my own albeit fairly slow and with a hunch. The pain for me was pretty tolerable and it varies everyday just depending on what you are doing or how you are laying or sitting. I've been told to wait about 6 weeks to resume normal exercising but I do plan on going to the gym after about 3 weeks and start with light exercising (walking, elliptical, etc)

My sister-in-law has a phobia with blood, so I know what you mean! I hope you've had someone with you when you've blacked out!

It's good that you're starting to walk around, I know the doctors usually say to walk as soon as you can (but not to over do it).

Please do keep us updated with your progress!