Losing More Lashes when Starting Latisse? - Chicago, IL

I have been using Latisse for two weeks now....

I have been using Latisse for two weeks now. I've noticed that I've been losing more lashes than usual. I'm hoping this is because the faster growing cycle is pushing out these week lashes to make room for stronger lashes to emerge. Is that possible. I hope its not just wishful thinking. Please let me know if you've seen this result before. Thanks so much. Stella

I am only two weeks into the treatment so I don't know if it will be successful or not or if it matters which Doctor prescribes Latisse. I'm just concerned about my initial results of this product. Some of the questions really don't apply to my situation.

I'm 53 and my once long and beautiful eyelashes are now short and thin. From what I understand, it's mainly because of hormone changes in our bodies, stress and makeup abuse. However, since I don't use makeup that often, I'm certain it's my hormones, at the same time it effects your weight and waist line. Oh yeah and grey hair, also thin hair all over, including arm and legs now growing on my chin yuk!!! the only plus is no menstruation. I started using Latisse 5 weeks ago and seemed to have a lot of shedding the first 3 weeks. Although I saw new growth, I panic and bought Lilash, and used both one in the morning and the other at night. I don't know if it's a coincident but the shedding stopped almost immediately, and I now see a lot of new growth. I just wanted to share, also, Good luck.. JacQ
Has anyone been able to get this product through insurance?
If it's considered cosmetic (which of course this is) insurance will definitely not cover it.
That's an encouraging post, Camry. I hope Pineapple sees it...
I used latisse for only 3 days my lashes where falling off. I stopped using the product for 2 weeks now but my lashes keep on falling off. What can I do to stop my eyelashes from falling help!
Hi Pineapple, I have been using Latisse for 10 weeks now(started June 10, 2009). During the first 3 weeks of use, my eyelashes did fall out. I remember I lost like 15 in one day. Then about 5-7 on another day. Then no shredding for a day or so, Then maybe 3 on other days. Eventually the shredding slowed down and stopped all together right at about 3 weeks. I did get really scared in the beginning, but I stuck with it. I apply Latisse in the mornings not at nite. I do not use the applicators that it came with. I use a small lip/eyeliner brush to apply and only use one drop not two. My eyes did itch in the beginning, but no more now. Now being 10 weeks into it, I am glad that I stuck it out. My eyelashes are thicker, darker and longer. I had a few bald spots, but new eyelashes have grown in those places now. I am really happy with the results so far. Hang in there, thats what I was told to do by other users on this site. And I did. Glad I did! Best of luck! Camry2007
Enuff, I'm wondering if they are falling out at this stage because they are still very new and quite frail. Later on, further regrowth should be stronger. Also, the fact that you even produced lashes in the bald patch is (to me) a good sign. I think it shows something is happening and your follicles are stirring! I would monitor it, but keep going if it were me. Just apply a small amount once a day and plod on...
Hi Enuff, Are you saying that the new eyelashes that grew in your bald patch, are now falling out? Camry2007
I too have been using Latisse for about 3 weeks, and have noticed that my eyelashing have been falling out in the same area that I had a bald patch to begin with. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions?
Hi I just started using Latisse on June 10, 2009 (11 days ago)and I am noticing that I am losing/shedding more eyelashes than usual especially on my lower eyelid lashes. Yesterday I lost 2 eyelashes on my left eye and today on my left eye I lost about 4. Also today I lost 2 eyelashes on both of my top eyelids. I use Latisse everynite and have had no bad reactions to it other than maybe alittle eye itching. Maybe the eyelashes are falling out because I am rubbing my eyes due to the itching. I thought about appling the Rx every other nite and see what happens but haven't done so yet. I want longer fuller lashes. Has anyone gotten good results from Latisse, after losing/shedding their eyelashes in the beginning?

Hi Camry2007,

Once you've got an idea of how Latisse is working for you, would you please consider writing a review to share your experience? I've heard of a few people who have lost eyelashes during treatment and your insights would really help.

Thanks!
--Sharon

Sure will do that Sharon. I have noticed that my eyelashes in the corners of my eyes(top) are alittle longer. Yesterday which was 12 days since I started Latisse, I did notice a few little eyelash buds if you want to call them that, are growing. Its really hard to count how many. But I am noticing some new growth. Now as of today, I have lost 3 eyelashes from my left eye and 2 on from right eye. I will keep posting my experience with Latisse. Thank you
Stella, I'm hoping by now you have stuck with Latisse and love it as I do. I too lost many lashes the 1st 2 weeks of use and I really couldn't spare any! But I've stayed with the program and have had fantastic results. I've actually had to pull two lashes that were too long and grew down and refused to curl. My new lashes curl easily with just using mascara. To avoid waste I use a fine eyeliner brush to apply the product. Also, I've ordered the Lumigan from India to save even more money on these great lashes. I'm 63 and now have the best eyelashes of my life! My co-workers have ordered together so to split the shipping cost from India. If you're really happy now and want info on how to order Lumigan check out the postings from rosieposie on this site. Good luck
Hi Beans, I just started using Latisse 12 days ago(started June 10, 2009) and have been losing lashes alittle more than usual. I am glad to hear that you stuck with it and are happy with your results. Thank you for the encouragement by posting your ad.
The package insert on Latisse and Lumigan says there is that chance of a side effect. A certain percentage of users get red itchy or puffy eyes. I would say that your eyes are telling you that they don't like bimatoprost or one of the preservatives in the solution. If you have a friend who wants to use Latisse, you could offer her your barely-used bottle at a discount. Meanwhile, my Lumigan has arrived from India, and woohoo! It cost $37 as opposed to the $120 at the MedSpa here. I am a believer in online shopping, let me tell you.
I recently tried Neulash ($150), which I bought from Saks Fifth Avenue. A friend of mine had great results so I figured why not since you can return the product if you have any problems. I used it for only a week because my eyes were so bloodshot and dry. Needless to say I returned it right away. A few days ago I decided to give Latisse a go since it was recommended by my dermatologist. It seems too early for me to complain since I just started last night, but I am already experiencing the same dry eyes and redness that eye drops can't seem to take care of. Do these symptoms subside with continued use or will I have to endure this for long, thick lashes? I don't thing I can take it if so, but I hate to throw $120 away. I sure wish there was a return policy! Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)
I am an optometrist and use the prescription drug Lumigan along with other prostaglandins to treat glaucoma,(increased intra-ocular pressure) Latisse is the same concentration as the prescription drug. You should not expect miraculous results in just a few short weeks. Most of my patients have been using this group of drugs once daily for many years and experience as a side effect, longer, thicker, and darker lashes. This side effect, which was appreciated by most patients is the reason Allergan seeked FDA approval for eyelash growth.
Simple, I would look in the doctor Q & A section, to see if this has already been asked. As a layperson, I read that with blepharitus, you have have to keep your eyelids clean, softened and clear of debris, and might be using ointments. Correct? If your lashline is so prone to irritation, it may be difficult (but not impossible) to use Latisse/Lumigan. I would ask your doctor's advice - and failing that, you might be able to try the Latisse on the once daily basis after having bathed and soothed your lids thoroughly. Don't mix any eye ointments with your Latisse application - maybe use them at the opposite end of the day. The problem is that some people get redness/irritation from Latisse alone - which usually passes. But it would be a shame if you worsened your condition. At the end of the day, it's up to you. If you are careful to apply to well prepared lids and to use a very small amount of Latisse - it might, just might give you some lashes again. But that's only my opinion, and I'm not a doctor/chemist! Good luck.
Hey can anyone tell me about the products reaction for someone who has Blepharitis. I would love to have lashes again. I have been using false lashes for about three years now. I do well with them but getting wet or sweating in public is always a scare. I panic when I think they are falling off. Would love to hear from someone about this. Thanks!
Hi! Could you tell me which false eyelashes you use? I want to find some that are not irritating. I have the same condition and have lost a lot of lashes recently.
Hi -- I get updates on threads I haven't commented on. I only want to get comments and replies to the questions or comments I post. Is there any way you can do this? Thanks.

Hi Alabamagirl,

I'll PM you a list of the threads you're subscribed to and we can remove the ones you're not interested in.

Cheers,

--Sharon

Hi everybody, We're working on the bugs with commenting and hope to have everything back to normal soon. Sorry for any confusion it's caused and thanks for bearing with us! Cheers, --Sharon

UPDATE: The bugs with commenting should now be fixed.  Please let me know if you run into other issues.

Nipchick and Aphrodite,------------- I hope you are able to view this question. Apparantly, I don't "get" how to communicate on this site. I seem to be getting answers from questions other than mine LOL - its okay, though- the more info the better. In addition I'm having problems finding some of the past comments or links to track people with similar issues. Anyway......... I know the two of you started at least three weeks before me and was wondering if you see any results yet. It's been a little over a month now and I am still consistant with my Latisse use but haven't seen any results yet. The two of you must be getting close to that half-way eight week marker. Anything starting? Please let me know. My fingers are crossed. Thanks so much. Stella