So I've decided to do it! My procedure is...

So I've decided to do it! My procedure is scheduled for June 28th in Chicago. I'm getting lipo of upper and lower abdomen, and saddlebags on my thighs. I've been doing Weight Watchers and started running and have lost exactly 50 lbs as of today! I'm 5' 9" and I'm at 187 right now. I hope to drop a couple more lbs before the surgery. I'm happy I've lost the weight but there are these couple of areas that still need help! Hopefully I'll be happy with the results! I'll be sure to post my before and after pics.

Surgery is this week!

So my surgery is this week. After much thinking, I've decided to also get my inner thighs done. My thighs are just so big and jiggly! This is gonna cost an extra $1200 but I am hoping I'll be glad I did it. Also, I took my before pics, and here there are. So gross I know! I have lost a lot of weight but looking at these pics, I know I have a ways to go.

Surgery is tomorrow!

Well of course the day I decide to go to downtown Chicago for surgery, the Blackhawks will be having their parade and there will be tons of people! Oh boy...getting excited though! I went to the bank today to get the cashier's check and that made it seem real. I sure hope its worth it. I was going to use the money to remodel the bathroom. Oh well...I'd rather have myself be pretty than the bathroom, lol!

Back home

Well I'm home and resting now. The car ride home was very painful. It took 1.5 hrs with traffic. The outside of my thighs hurt a lot in the car. Now that I am in my bed laying down, I feel soooooo much better. No pain really when I'm laying. When I have to get up for the bathroom, it hurts some but not too bad. I just feel really gross bc my compression garment is soaked! Can't wait till Sunday when I can take it off and shower.

The first night...not having fun

So its the first night and I can't sleep. I slept for two hours, got up to use the bathroom, and can't get back to sleep. I think the pain has gotten a bit worse. My compression garment feels soooo tight. I feel like my organs are all smashed together. I'm developing a big bruise on my side right above the garment. Oh by the way, the doc suggested I do my flanks rather than the inner thighs, so that's what I did, in addition to the abdomen and saddlebags.

I am a little worried bc the last time I got up to use the bathroom, I felt really light headed like I was gonna pass out. Is that normal??

So one positive side effect I noticed is that my face is SUPER clear! I've always had acne issues and redness, but for some reason it is all going away?! Don't know if its the antibiotics or maybe these recovery vitamins, but I need to find out and get more, lol!

Bruising starting

Here's the pic of the bruise forming. Ughh...my garment is so gross! It feels like a cross between a ridiculously tight corset and a wet bathing suit!

Compression garment off...yay!!

Well its the second day of recovery, which means compression garment is off and I got to shower. Felt good! I'm not very mobile tho...still laying around and very sore. The whole area is numb and feels hard to the touch. Nausea is gone tho. I felt light headed after my shower and thought I was gonna pass out. I like my new shape tho...looks good so far.

More day 2 pics

Day 3...feeling slightly better

So I'm feeling less sore today. My stomach and sides feel so numb tho! I have a lot of hard spots, especially in the abdomen. Its tough bending at the waist. I'm walking around some and going up and down stairs fairly well. Feeling constipated tho and only had one bm since surgery. Hopefully it gets better!

Feeling buyer's remorse today

So I feel today that my fat is settling into its old places. Def look worse than day 2. My stomach is starting to bulge out again and saddlebags seem to be sticking out again. Still sore today and not super mobile. I keep thinking of all the other things I could have done with all that money. Hopefully I'll feel differently 3 months from now. I also have the feeling in the back of my mind that maybe I was too big to get lipo? Maybe I'm too large to notice subtle differences that you get from lipo? Also no change in how clothes fit...in fact they are slightly tighter.

Got some excercise today...finally!

Well today was the first time I managed to get some decent exercise today. Up to this point, I've just been walking around the house and going up and down the stairs, but this morning I got out to see my running buddies and did 1.5 miles of just walking. It wasn't too bad. Really it only hurts when I bend at the waist, stand up from sitting, getting into and out of the car...stuff like that. My friends said they could notice a difference already, but maybe they were just being nice, lol! I'm still really swollen, and now bloated from my good ol' monthly visitor. On Saturday I go in to see the doc so he can check me out and remove stitches. I have a total of 6 incisions...two right above the pubic area, two in the middle of my lower back, and two just below the butt checks. I noticed he didn't stitch up the ones below the butt checks...that's probably why my compression garment got so funky. The ones in the middle of my lower back are hidden in a tattoo there so you can barely even notice them. He did a pretty good job with that. I hope the ones he left unstitched heal up okay. I will have to ask him when he thinks its a good idea to go back to running. I've been working on my endurance since January and am at the point where I can run a 5K without walking. I'm so worried that the surgery is gonna set me back a lot. I'm afraid to go back to where I was!

Oh, and happy 4th of July to those of you in the U.S.!!!

One week down...many more to go

So here are my one week pics. So far, the results are meh. My thighs still look like they are sticking out a lot. And it seems like there's still a lot of pudge in my upper abdomen. I've also developed a new bruise right above the pubic area. It is bright red! I thought I'm supposed to be healing, not making new bruises! Clothes are still not fitting any better. Right before surgery, I bought a size 12 white capri pants (which I was really excited about) that I could just barely button up. I tried them on today, and I can barely get them past my thighs. Not good. I thought clothes are supposed to be fitting better after a week...yarghhh!

So I'm gonna sign off for awhile....my negativity won't be good for anyone!

Sorry but I don't want to keep going on about how much my results suck, but they really do. I had a Weight Watchers meeting today and I lost a whopping 0.2 lbs!!! BFD! I still have mega rolls and jumbo saddlebags. My attitude is in the garbage and I have a check up with the doctor today. I know already that its gonna suck and I'll be yelling and crying at him the whole time. I really don't want to go...I've been crying all morning. I wish I would have never done this and remodeled the bathroom instead!!!!

Getting worse looking...will it ever get better?

Thanks everyone for your nice comments and sharing your stories. Sounds like I'm not the only one who is frustrated. The check up I had on Saturday was pretty uneventful. The doc said its hard to see results now, and that I can get a revision later (which is not free) if I don't like the results. As you can see from my pics, it has been a downward spiral since I took off my garment on day 2. My upper abdomen is really pudgy, my lower abdomen is weirdly flat and hard, and I have a new fat roll that developed just above the pubic area. I asked the doc what is up with that. He said it is all the fluid and dead fat settling there. I hope it goes away soon cuz it looks so weird because it rests so low on the tummy. As far as pain goes, its not much of an issue. I was able to run 1 mile and walk 1 mile on Saturday. Trying to build back up to where I was before. I'm wearing my spanx everyday even tho the doc said I didn't have to. Some people are talking about getting massages, so I asked the doc about that too, and he said I shouldn't get them because I would be too sore and its still healing. Who knows?! Well at least I went back to work today, so that is helping to keep my mind off of how gross I look!

Upper abdomen is a problem

So my recovery is moving along. Bruising is almost gone. I feel as if my lower abdomen and saddlebags are just now starting to go down, very so slightly. But my upper abdomen is still so pudgy! It sticks out further than my lower abdomen, and it doesn't seem to be swollen, just fatty. It is keeping me from wearing tighter shirts. You can see from my pics how much it sticks out still. No cute clothes for me yet :(

3 weeks

So it is almost been 3 weeks since surgery. I would say that I have just started noticing results this week. I am happiest with my saddlebags. They are not as small as I'd like yet, but they are a lot better. Because they went down, my shape is better and you don't notice that dent in my hips as much. Not so thrilled with the tummy. Its still pretty full and you can still see rolls if I wear a tight shirt. I'm already resigned to the fact I'll need a revision. Also, the texture of my skin is not good. It seems dimpled, wrinkly, just not smooth. For some reason I notice my stretch marks a lot more now. Has anyone out there had any success with their stretch marks? I'm wondering if there's creams that actually work, or some kind of laser treatment??

Oh and one other good thing this week is that I noticed some weight loss...4 lbs! Was happy about that. I'm at about 179 right now and would like to lose another 20. Still got work to do!

One month since surgery

So today marks one month since I had surgery. Really not much has changed in the last week. I feel like I am fully recovered and have no pain while running. I still notice some hard spots in my abdomen. I am still not happy with the upper abdomen tho...lots of pudge there. Its seems like no fat was sucked out of there at all. Still can't wear tight shirts because of a roll there. So all in all, not super thrilled. I mean, I know I look better than before I had surgery...but $6K better? No I don't think so.

Few more pics to show disgusting abdomen

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Hey girl, any updates on feeling better about your shape?
So...how are ya? Better?
I'm about the same as last week...no changes to report. My clothes fit slightly better, but its not like I've dropped a size or anything. Still can't get past the way the tummy looks. I'm supposed to see the doc in a couple weeks I think, so I'll have to ask him whats going on there!
Hey hun, sorry you are feeling so down let me ask you a few things. You mentioned you are wearing spanx and not your garmet do the spanx cover your upper abdomen. I just recently had my lipo (4 days ago) but I put extra compression by using the lipo foam that I read about on this site (my ps said it wasn't really necessary it just makes things more uniform- uh...isn't that what I want) none the less I am pressed in this garmet like a sausage. However I don't notice any lumps and the swelling is kept to a min. because there is no room to swell...I am guessing. My belly button looks a little weird and flattened out and there is some hardness which I have been massaging out. but maybe you should try the garmet and just grit through it. Hope this helps.
Thanks...my doc said I didn't have to wear it after two days, so that's all I wore it for. I wore my spanx during the daytime for the next two weeks just in case. I've signed up for an inch loss wrap at this spa place, so maybe that will help!
And btw, I talked to a girlfriend of mine who is 5'10 and was 190 before her lipo. She said it took a good 3 months before she noticed anything and SHE'S PICKY!!! However, she said after 2 months people around her were telling her she looked AWESOME that didn't know she'd done anything. Just thought I'd share with ya!
Thanks, trying to keep that in mind!
So, gotta question. Is Dr R at the lipo institute/lipo doc? Only asking because months ago I had a consultation w/ Dr. Damen there.
Yes, that is exactly where I went! Don't know Dr. Damen tho. I saw they had good reviews online, so that's why I went with them.
Hey there! How's it going?
I just posted an update. So far the results are kinda meh...I think a revision is in my future.
you look great! and you're healing vey nicely. I've still got some pudge too but your pudge has gotten a lot smaller than mine.
You look great. I had my surgery the same day and my butt/hip area still hurts..... My hips look good my your stomach is much leaner than mine!!!
That was supposed to say your stomach is much leaner than mine. I have a big pooch
Sister, you're beginning to see some results!!! Wow. Honestly, I can't even imagine how awesome you'll look at the 6 WEEK mark, when they say full results show at 6 MONTHS. I think you're looking great!
Yes I can see your shape coming along maybe in a bit you won't even feel as though you need a revision to your tummy.
I'm not seeing results yet, but I am beginning to feel better! I am being optimistic and can't wait!!
You look fantastic!
Hi there. I am right here with you girl! I had slim lipo on flank, inner outer thighs, knees on July 2nd. Today is day 6 and I am a lot larger than I was before! I also look bumpier and gross. Your blog is identical to me. Don't lose hope. My doc told be it would be two weeks before I would even begin to see results. She also warned me about the swelling not to be surprised and we giggled a bit. Now I understand why!!! Right now I feel there is definitely no benefit, my knees actually look like elephant knees, but I am prepared to wait for the results even though I want them know. Don't worry girl, I'm still thinking our results are around the corner. I have bruised like all hell in my legs and hips and I am still very sore. I'm sure there are great results waiting to be revealed!
Hey Pflud...how u doing? Seeing any results yet?
If day 2 pics is an indication of what the end result will be in a few months, it is well worth looking forward to... I am so impatient, even if I've read over and over and over that it will take months... I think you are doing great! It's been 6 days for me and the best I've done is go for a 15 min really slow walk.
So how's the recovery coming along Murfkatt? Are you able to get around any better?
Much better thanks! Well, didn't help that a week before my lipo and breast aug I completely tore my ACL playing softball.. So prepping for that surgery as well... You are so right, some mornings, I feel great, some mornings I feel like a puffed up marshmallow! Would love to see more pics from you..
I'm so sorry it's frustrating and disappointing to you, do you know how many cc's or liters was removed, and what sites were they taken from?
No I don't. I asked the doc at my check up and he said my file was in his other office so he didn't know.