So I've decided to do it! My procedure is...

So I've decided to do it! My procedure is scheduled for June 28th in Chicago. I'm getting lipo of upper and lower abdomen, and saddlebags on my thighs. I've been doing Weight Watchers and started running and have lost exactly 50 lbs as of today! I'm 5' 9" and I'm at 187 right now. I hope to drop a couple more lbs before the surgery. I'm happy I've lost the weight but there are these couple of areas that still need help! Hopefully I'll be happy with the results! I'll be sure to post my before and after pics.

Surgery is this week!

So my surgery is this week. After much thinking, I've decided to also get my inner thighs done. My thighs are just so big and jiggly! This is gonna cost an extra $1200 but I am hoping I'll be glad I did it. Also, I took my before pics, and here there are. So gross I know! I have lost a lot of weight but looking at these pics, I know I have a ways to go.
Keep us updated with your results! I really like to see the improvement and follow up the upcoming results of the surgeries :) Good luck on your jouney!
Will do! Thanks!
Hi! I totally hear you on the cute running clothes that just cling to that little bit of fat that's there. Hate that! My procedure is in like 10 hours and I'm trying to sleep but have such crazy anxiety right now. I'm actually really scared and nervous and worried..I could go on and on lol. So unreal, I can't believe the day is finally here. I am excited for you though. Good luck!

Surgery is tomorrow!

Well of course the day I decide to go to downtown Chicago for surgery, the Blackhawks will be having their parade and there will be tons of people! Oh boy...getting excited though! I went to the bank today to get the cashier's check and that made it seem real. I sure hope its worth it. I was going to use the money to remodel the bathroom. Oh well...I'd rather have myself be pretty than the bathroom, lol!
Looking forward to seeing your results, good luck! Hope everything goes well :)
Thank you!

Back home

Well I'm home and resting now. The car ride home was very painful. It took 1.5 hrs with traffic. The outside of my thighs hurt a lot in the car. Now that I am in my bed laying down, I feel soooooo much better. No pain really when I'm laying. When I have to get up for the bathroom, it hurts some but not too bad. I just feel really gross bc my compression garment is soaked! Can't wait till Sunday when I can take it off and shower.

The first night...not having fun

So its the first night and I can't sleep. I slept for two hours, got up to use the bathroom, and can't get back to sleep. I think the pain has gotten a bit worse. My compression garment feels soooo tight. I feel like my organs are all smashed together. I'm developing a big bruise on my side right above the garment. Oh by the way, the doc suggested I do my flanks rather than the inner thighs, so that's what I did, in addition to the abdomen and saddlebags.

I am a little worried bc the last time I got up to use the bathroom, I felt really light headed like I was gonna pass out. Is that normal??

So one positive side effect I noticed is that my face is SUPER clear! I've always had acne issues and redness, but for some reason it is all going away?! Don't know if its the antibiotics or maybe these recovery vitamins, but I need to find out and get more, lol!

Bruising starting

Here's the pic of the bruise forming. Ughh...my garment is so gross! It feels like a cross between a ridiculously tight corset and a wet bathing suit!
Sorry you can't sleep! It happened to me too. Just keep taking your pain pills and you will learn to love your garment. I feel so strange and exposed when I take mine off now lol. Believe me when I say it gets better every day it happens pretty quickly I think. I have very little to no bruising though. My only bruises are from the zipper on my compression garment...isn't that weird?

Compression garment off...yay!!

Well its the second day of recovery, which means compression garment is off and I got to shower. Felt good! I'm not very mobile tho...still laying around and very sore. The whole area is numb and feels hard to the touch. Nausea is gone tho. I felt light headed after my shower and thought I was gonna pass out. I like my new shape tho...looks good so far.

More day 2 pics

I commented earlier however it didn't post. I had my surgery on Thursday also and was in major pain the first day. I had my inner thighs stomach hips and butt done. I have been taped up since Thursday and go back to the doctor tomorrow to have it removed. Then into spanks for 4 weeks! You mentioned post opp vitamins, can you tell me what there are and also what type of garmet are you wearing? Looking forward to compair notes since our surgery was on the same day!!!
Good luck on your recovery too. I got the vitamins from the doc. Its called "Recovery Optimizer Pak" and it says its specially formulated for soft tissue support. Theres a website on the bottle...www.forresterlab.com. Maybe u can get more info there. My garment is like a two piece. The bottoms are like a high waisted spanx that goes down to my knees. Then I have like a velcro tube top thing with padding. The doc says I don't have to wear them after two days, but I'm wearing the bottoms anyways. It feels like its holding things together, lol! Keep me updated on your progress!
I was told I have to wear the high waisted spanks for at least 4 weeks!! How is your numbness? My hips are still numb and I'm very itchy!!!

Day 3...feeling slightly better

So I'm feeling less sore today. My stomach and sides feel so numb tho! I have a lot of hard spots, especially in the abdomen. Its tough bending at the waist. I'm walking around some and going up and down stairs fairly well. Feeling constipated tho and only had one bm since surgery. Hopefully it gets better!
I can move around but super sore. My stomach feels jiggly and I feel like I have to hold it in but when I have the compression garmet on it feels much better. My hips are gone!!! I hated my hips. My thighs are swollen so I have no idea how they will look. The dr said he couldn't take too much out of my inner thigh because tr skin will sag..... He also told me that I will see the complete results in 6 months!!!
Apparently he took 7lbs out

Feeling buyer's remorse today

So I feel today that my fat is settling into its old places. Def look worse than day 2. My stomach is starting to bulge out again and saddlebags seem to be sticking out again. Still sore today and not super mobile. I keep thinking of all the other things I could have done with all that money. Hopefully I'll feel differently 3 months from now. I also have the feeling in the back of my mind that maybe I was too big to get lipo? Maybe I'm too large to notice subtle differences that you get from lipo? Also no change in how clothes fit...in fact they are slightly tighter.
Following your story. How ya doing?
So unfortunately this is how it works. You look great the first time you remove the garment and first thing every morning but as the day goes on I can feel myself swelling up and I look like I used to at the end of the day. So give it 3months time and I think you should be wearing your garment still for a couple more weeks it keeps the swelling and bruising down. Oh and your day two pics look amazing so just imagine how perfect you will be in 3months!!! :)
Thanks so much! Yes I try to look at the day 2 pics to remind myself that it'll be okay in the end. I kind of have these two voices in my head...one saying "Give it time! Its still so early, you'll look great" and the other one saying "Nice way to blow 5800 bucks, fatty!" Haha!

Got some excercise today...finally!

Well today was the first time I managed to get some decent exercise today. Up to this point, I've just been walking around the house and going up and down the stairs, but this morning I got out to see my running buddies and did 1.5 miles of just walking. It wasn't too bad. Really it only hurts when I bend at the waist, stand up from sitting, getting into and out of the car...stuff like that. My friends said they could notice a difference already, but maybe they were just being nice, lol! I'm still really swollen, and now bloated from my good ol' monthly visitor. On Saturday I go in to see the doc so he can check me out and remove stitches. I have a total of 6 incisions...two right above the pubic area, two in the middle of my lower back, and two just below the butt checks. I noticed he didn't stitch up the ones below the butt checks...that's probably why my compression garment got so funky. The ones in the middle of my lower back are hidden in a tattoo there so you can barely even notice them. He did a pretty good job with that. I hope the ones he left unstitched heal up okay. I will have to ask him when he thinks its a good idea to go back to running. I've been working on my endurance since January and am at the point where I can run a 5K without walking. I'm so worried that the surgery is gonna set me back a lot. I'm afraid to go back to where I was!

Oh, and happy 4th of July to those of you in the U.S.!!!
Woot! Up and walking! Look out people sexy is coming through! lol. It's not so bad is it!? A few more days and it won't even bother you getting in and out of the car.
That is awesome that you were able to do a mile and a half!!!! We're you really tired afterwards? I just walked around the mall the other day and after about 2 hours I was really tired and very very sore.
Okay, coming along! I just posted an update. I've never written a blog before...its crazy to think people actually read what I write, lol!!

One week down...many more to go

So here are my one week pics. So far, the results are meh. My thighs still look like they are sticking out a lot. And it seems like there's still a lot of pudge in my upper abdomen. I've also developed a new bruise right above the pubic area. It is bright red! I thought I'm supposed to be healing, not making new bruises! Clothes are still not fitting any better. Right before surgery, I bought a size 12 white capri pants (which I was really excited about) that I could just barely button up. I tried them on today, and I can barely get them past my thighs. Not good. I thought clothes are supposed to be fitting better after a week...yarghhh!
Hahaha!! Yes, a week does wonders!
No it wasn't too bad actually. Maybe you were just standing on your feet for too long...I only walked for like 30 mins, then I sat my ass back down, lol!
Ahhhh okay...I learned a new Aussie term :)

So I'm gonna sign off for awhile....my negativity won't be good for anyone!

Sorry but I don't want to keep going on about how much my results suck, but they really do. I had a Weight Watchers meeting today and I lost a whopping 0.2 lbs!!! BFD! I still have mega rolls and jumbo saddlebags. My attitude is in the garbage and I have a check up with the doctor today. I know already that its gonna suck and I'll be yelling and crying at him the whole time. I really don't want to go...I've been crying all morning. I wish I would have never done this and remodeled the bathroom instead!!!!
I'm so sorry it's frustrating and disappointing to you, do you know how many cc's or liters was removed, and what sites were they taken from?
First, let me congratulate you on your weight loss. You weren't too heavy to have liposuction you had more or less gotten close to a normal weight range and liposuction is for people who aren't using it instead of losing weight but because they have lost weight and still can't get rid of problem areas - like yourself. You need to be doing a couple of things - massage is important after liposuction. Also, drink plenty of water - not iced tea or soda which has water in it but actual water. Also, liposuction takes time to heal - it is not something that looks good a week later. There is a lot of swelling. Seven years ago I lost a large amount of weight and I had to have my excess skin removed. I was so upset when immediately afterwards I hadn't gone down in size because I got rid of a lot of excess skin. It took two to three months before all the swelling went down and I lost a size. It is understandable that you are upset - but liposuction does not give you instant results. I can tell from your after pictures that you have a tremendous amount of swelling. Good luck with your recovery and keep us posted with your results.
Hey there. Just want you to know that years ago, I got my boobs done. I was so excited about finally not being an A cup, the last thing on my mind was the healing process. And I'd never had a surgery, unless you count wisdom teeth--and that DOESN'T count. In the days to come, I called my self a freak and hated my look because of the swelling. I had not prepared myself mentally. It also didn't help that for 10 years I'd worked my chest out and going under the muscle hurt me a little more than others. My mind was going a million miles per hour, why wouldn't my body hurry up and heal? I fell into a slight depression. Well, within a couple of months, I was starting to see the light. Physically it was the best thing I ever did for my psyche. I then felt like a woman. Hang in there and PLEASE don't stop writing. You're being real, which is what we all need to hear. We've all become so used to instant gratification, that we forget that the healing process takes a lot longer. Hang in there sista. You're gonna look FANTABULOUS! And PS, I am kinda impressed with the .2 lbs. Swelling usually makes you MUCH heavier. Proud of ya :-)

Getting worse looking...will it ever get better?

Thanks everyone for your nice comments and sharing your stories. Sounds like I'm not the only one who is frustrated. The check up I had on Saturday was pretty uneventful. The doc said its hard to see results now, and that I can get a revision later (which is not free) if I don't like the results. As you can see from my pics, it has been a downward spiral since I took off my garment on day 2. My upper abdomen is really pudgy, my lower abdomen is weirdly flat and hard, and I have a new fat roll that developed just above the pubic area. I asked the doc what is up with that. He said it is all the fluid and dead fat settling there. I hope it goes away soon cuz it looks so weird because it rests so low on the tummy. As far as pain goes, its not much of an issue. I was able to run 1 mile and walk 1 mile on Saturday. Trying to build back up to where I was before. I'm wearing my spanx everyday even tho the doc said I didn't have to. Some people are talking about getting massages, so I asked the doc about that too, and he said I shouldn't get them because I would be too sore and its still healing. Who knows?! Well at least I went back to work today, so that is helping to keep my mind off of how gross I look!
Hi there. I am right here with you girl! I had slim lipo on flank, inner outer thighs, knees on July 2nd. Today is day 6 and I am a lot larger than I was before! I also look bumpier and gross. Your blog is identical to me. Don't lose hope. My doc told be it would be two weeks before I would even begin to see results. She also warned me about the swelling not to be surprised and we giggled a bit. Now I understand why!!! Right now I feel there is definitely no benefit, my knees actually look like elephant knees, but I am prepared to wait for the results even though I want them know. Don't worry girl, I'm still thinking our results are around the corner. I have bruised like all hell in my legs and hips and I am still very sore. I'm sure there are great results waiting to be revealed!
If day 2 pics is an indication of what the end result will be in a few months, it is well worth looking forward to... I am so impatient, even if I've read over and over and over that it will take months... I think you are doing great! It's been 6 days for me and the best I've done is go for a 15 min really slow walk.
No I don't. I asked the doc at my check up and he said my file was in his other office so he didn't know.

Upper abdomen is a problem

So my recovery is moving along. Bruising is almost gone. I feel as if my lower abdomen and saddlebags are just now starting to go down, very so slightly. But my upper abdomen is still so pudgy! It sticks out further than my lower abdomen, and it doesn't seem to be swollen, just fatty. It is keeping me from wearing tighter shirts. You can see from my pics how much it sticks out still. No cute clothes for me yet :(
I'm not seeing results yet, but I am beginning to feel better! I am being optimistic and can't wait!!
You look fantastic!
Hey Pflud...how u doing? Seeing any results yet?

3 weeks

So it is almost been 3 weeks since surgery. I would say that I have just started noticing results this week. I am happiest with my saddlebags. They are not as small as I'd like yet, but they are a lot better. Because they went down, my shape is better and you don't notice that dent in my hips as much. Not so thrilled with the tummy. Its still pretty full and you can still see rolls if I wear a tight shirt. I'm already resigned to the fact I'll need a revision. Also, the texture of my skin is not good. It seems dimpled, wrinkly, just not smooth. For some reason I notice my stretch marks a lot more now. Has anyone out there had any success with their stretch marks? I'm wondering if there's creams that actually work, or some kind of laser treatment??

Oh and one other good thing this week is that I noticed some weight loss...4 lbs! Was happy about that. I'm at about 179 right now and would like to lose another 20. Still got work to do!
Hey there! How's it going?
you look great! and you're healing vey nicely. I've still got some pudge too but your pudge has gotten a lot smaller than mine.
You look great. I had my surgery the same day and my butt/hip area still hurts..... My hips look good my your stomach is much leaner than mine!!!

One month since surgery

So today marks one month since I had surgery. Really not much has changed in the last week. I feel like I am fully recovered and have no pain while running. I still notice some hard spots in my abdomen. I am still not happy with the upper abdomen tho...lots of pudge there. Its seems like no fat was sucked out of there at all. Still can't wear tight shirts because of a roll there. So all in all, not super thrilled. I mean, I know I look better than before I had surgery...but $6K better? No I don't think so.
I just posted an update. So far the results are kinda meh...I think a revision is in my future.

Few more pics to show disgusting abdomen

Hey girl, any updates on feeling better about your shape?
So...how are ya? Better?
I'm about the same as last week...no changes to report. My clothes fit slightly better, but its not like I've dropped a size or anything. Still can't get past the way the tummy looks. I'm supposed to see the doc in a couple weeks I think, so I'll have to ask him whats going on there!
Chicago Plastic Surgeon