20 Years Old No Kids! Excited and Nervous - Chicago, IL

I'll be having liposuction of the upper and lower...

I'll be having liposuction of the upper and lower abdomen, back and waist September 12th. I've never had any type of surgery so I'm very excited and happy to be doing this. I've been wanting this for an unimaginably long amount of time. My body is very segmented looking(?) so my stomach fat is very pronounced and kind of hangs over my vag. I've always been self conscious of it and I'm ready to change it!

8 Days! PreOp Was today!

So my preop appointment was today. I had two wonderful nurses Meg & Maria were helping me out and Maria was especially hilarious and kind. Dr. Ross took photos and talked to me for a little bit which was nice. I'm getting more and more excited every day I'm so pumped. They gave me medicines and my prescriptions can't believe I'm so close to the big day!

Can't Believe I Really did it!!

So my procedure was done yesterday and now I'm soo sore and stiff. I'm moving around the house like some sort of creature.
When I first arrived yesterday I was almost In shock of how quickly everything occured. My nurse Megan was very helpful once again. I peed I'm the cup then played on the phone for a bit. Very soon after the anesthesiologist gave me the IV And I'm terrified of needles but he worked well with me. Once the IV was in Dr. Ross came to mark me up and such. Next the anesthesiologist came back in and gave me the anesthetic and I was knocked out instantly. Next time I woke up I was done! I was draining so bad that they changed my first compression garment and gave me a new one. I was kinda loopy.
It was hard to sleep last night I didn't know if I should sleep on my back or side or stomach. I was so uncomfortable.
I'm actually seeing a huge difference in my stomach right now right above my pubic area. But Ross told me not to take the CG off until Sunday. I'm sooo excited. Anyone got tips for sleeping?

this was day 3

I'm really really swollen its crazy. Anyone got tips?
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Ive only seen him for consultation so far. He was very nice to me and very informative. He was completely honest and helpful. I'm really excited!

Drinking lots of water and wearing your compression garment 24/7 should keep your swelling down. Hang in there, you're looking good and will look better each day.
Make sure to ask your Dr. About the swelling. U still look good ur waist! !!!
Drink some pineapple juice for the swelling :)
Looking great!!!! Only a few days into it and the pics already show a big difference! Hope you're feeling better!
How have you been?
I've been okay! I feel like my swelling and soreness are a little longer than usual though post op is on Thursday so I'll know something then
I hope everything goes well and is healing properly.
I slept on my back for the first 2 weeks. It was hard because im a side sleeper, but being on my side was very uncomfortable first two weeks.
Congrats! I can see you are flatter :)
Awwww u on the flat side!!!! Happy healing! !
I'm on day 18 and I am very happy with results! You will be happy too, because you can already see you are flatter and it only gets better. Wear your CG 24/7 at least until your Dr says otherwise. Welcome to the flat side!
After abdominal lipo I slept propped up with lots of pillows for the first week. It will get better with each day. Best wishes on your healing!
Ur day is right around the corner! !!
Days r flying by. R u nervous yet? I was not until the day before and then I was a crazy person. The best of luck.
I'm not nervous I don't think it's hit me yet! This'll be my first surgery of any kind so it'll hit eventually! lol
Best Wishes on your upcoming lipo :0)
Thank you so much!
YW! Do you have all your after care supplies and tarp for bed?
Would you by chance have a list of those? and where I could find them??
I can try my best because i only has smart-lio on arms but abs coming soon. In your pre-op they give you a list of meds to stay away from,smoking and alcohol. Did you receive that? No aspirin 2 weeks prior,Stop alcohol at least 1 week prior. Some one must drive you and stay with you for the first 24 hours,no exceptions. You can eat a normal breakfast or lunch before the procedure. A ate snack is okay if your surgery is at the end of the day. Please wear comfortable clothing. I wore yoga pants 1 size larger and bra with a zip up hoodie. No one piece outfits like maxi dresses. PLEAE SHOWER AND WASH HAIR DAY OF SURGERY.Do Not wear make-up,perfume or jewelry. Please leave valuables at home if they are not necessary for the surgery. Take your antibiotic the morning of surgery. If you smoke please limit or discontinue for at least 1 week post-op Smoking impedes circulation&prolongs healing time. Supplies Needed: Polysporin Paper tape Maxi Pads (Sanitary Napkins) Plastic sheets or tarp and old towels,this is for drainage. Band-aids Pineapple juice for swelling Vit c for bruising 1000mg
Are they providing your compression garments,lipo foam?
Hey Girl! I'd love to see post op pictures!
My surgery isn't until this Friday! BUT I'll be sure to post! !
We are same day, tomorrow!!!! I'm so scared and excited! Good luck tomorrow!
Your body is perfect for this surgery. You have such nice curves and this will accentuate it more! I hope you are really happy with your results. Remember, be patient as swelling can cover up your results for months. Prayers!