Invisalign Journey - Chicago, IL

So, yesterday was my first day on Invisalign....

So, yesterday was my first day on Invisalign. Dentist popped it in, and tadah! I felt the pressure right away. Whoa! Quite a bit more than I expected. Also, putting the thing in and taking it out is a bit of a challenge. When putting them in, I have to be very careful not to get the lining of my mouth in between the teeth and the invisalign tray. I really hurts if that happens. I've taken them out and put back in a few times now to get the hang of it. I find that placing them, without actually popping them in, then closing my mouth and blowing (as when they play the saxophone), and gently biting them in place does it for me. As for taking them out, I'm still working on it.

I have four placeholders and the thing is pretty stuck there. I am starting to get my nails hurting from using them to pry them out of my mouth. That I still need some practicing. Perhaps once they've had some time to move my teeth a bit it won't be so hard to take them out. Nothing too major, but it does take practice.

As far as pain goes, the internal lining of my mouth is sore from those instances when putting them on they got stuck in between. The borders are also much sharper than I expected, but it seems things are getting better and I am getting the hang of it.

Yesterday I was salivating a lot also, from having something foreign in my mouth. Today things are better. I'm more used to it. Pressure subsided a bit, and I feel much more comfortable today. Yesterday was a bit of a challenge, and by bed time I was praying that it would feel better in the morning, as opposed to worse. Had it gotten worse, I do not know that I would be able to stick with it. But today feels much better. :-) I will keep on posting as I progress.

So glad to hear your Invisalign were feeling better in the morning! A lot of people mention that the first week is the roughest - so hang in there, it should get better. :)

In the meantime, since you mentioned taking the trays out is still a challenge you might be interested in reading the tips other community members have left in the "How do you get your Invisaign trays out?" forum.

Downtown Dental

I would give better ratings if it were not for how long it actually took to get the first aligners. To be fair, this is out of the dentist's hands anyways. Further complicating the situation is the fact that all this happened over the holidays... Let's see. Perhaps after we've had more time together we can improve the ratings. No specific complaints. Professional and nice, if a bit too professional. But it is a major metropolis (Chicago), so that is what you generally get anyways.