Should Have Done This 10 Years Ago! - Chicago, IL

I was approaching a key birthday and, while many...

I was approaching a key birthday and, while many told me I looked younger than my age, I was unhappy that sagging muscles made me look tired all of the time. I had a neck lift, face lift and lower eye surgery 7 weeks ago and found it to be a remarkably painless process. The worst part of the recovery for me was sleeping propped up on pillows, instead of on my side, for multiple days after the surgery. I recovered quickly enough that I could go out to dinner with friends and return to work after just 2 weeks. Of course you should expect swelling and some numbness to take several months to completely disappear.

It is an expensive surgery, but I believe it was well worth it because of the natural and remarkable results. My husband, children and those I have told about the surgery say that I appear refreshed and 10 years younger, but still look like myself. That was very important to me - to not look stretched or odd. My jawline and neck are smooth, my cheekbones have re-emerged, and my eyes don't required concealers or brighteners any longer. Those who are not "in the know" have just told me I look great and ask if I have lost weight.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mustoe was the only surgeon I approached, even though I knew of others, because of his reputation, experience and credentials. My daughter is a doctor and was supportive of me having facelift surgery. She made professional inquiries from those in the cosmetic surgery field and learned of Dr. Mustoe's skill and reputation. She accompanied me to every consultation with him and was as impressed as I am. I am thrilled with the results and with the treatment I had from Dr. Mustoe, his office staff, and the surgical center. He was very honest with me in explaining what outcomes to expect, including the risks, and has interacted with me many times by phone and in person.

I'm glad you got natural results that you're pleased with! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf.