Implant is 10 Years Old and Still Going Strong! - Chicago

I got an implant to replace a decayed upper molar...

I got an implant to replace a decayed upper molar about 10 years ago, and it's still going strong. In fact, I think it's stronger than my real teeth and has never caused me a problem.

Don't believe those ads that say you going to go in with bad or missing teeth, and then walk out with new implants in one day. It is a multi-step procedure that takes some patience and a degree of discomfort during the process, particularly if you are removing an older, infected tooth first and/or need bone grafting. Be careful to choose a good doctor--you get what you pay for and going for the cheapest and/or fastest could result in problems down the road.

Barry Cherney, DDS

Highly recommend this doctor. Friendly, professional and highly skilled.

Straightscoop is right, if you click on any user name highlighted in blue it will bring you to their profile. On the right you will see an icon you can click on to send a private message.

I don't work for the doctor, I am just a satisfied patient. This site has a section when you fill out a review to list the doctor, so that's why I gave the name. I'd rather not disclose my email in a public forum like this. I believe you can message me through this site if you wish though.

Hey Meg,

The doctor is listed above, its Barry Cherney, DDS. This doctor is not active on the site, so the best way to find that particular office would probably be via a google search.

Since you had mentioned you didn't know who to go to I wanted to make sure you know that if you click on the Find a Doctor tab above you will be able to search by your area for doctors who have been active on RealSelf. You can then read their profiles, reviews written about them, and answers they have provided in the Q&A section to get a feel for if they are someone you would like to consider going to for treatment.

Hope this helps! :)

Hi~
I realize listing the doctor who did your work might turn this into advertising and make it vulnerable to other types of "plants" ; ) but I have no idea who is good and who isn't here in Chicago. Please email me your info and reccos and some way to contact you so I know it's not an office looking for business...

Huge thanks!

Meg

Hi straightscoop,

Thanks for the review. This is great and will be super helpful for the community. I'm glad everything went well and patience paid off. How are things going now? Please keep us updated and welcome to the community.

Thanks,