Age 45 - SmartXide DOT for Acne Scars

After reading some of the negative reviews on this...

After reading some of the negative reviews on this site, I was worried. But wanting to be rid of these (moderate) acne scars finally, at 45, I made myself go through with it. Otherwise I'd always wonder if it would have helped.

I took nothing prior (my doctor no longer prescribes anything for people with no history of cold sores) and found the process more painful than expected, despite the numbing cream. It hurt. Then my face was burning and they applied a cooling gel and Ice packs.

I went home and started the aftercare kit once the burning pain subsided (several hours later). The next day was spent applying the products every 4 hours. By day 3 my swelling was way down and the peeling had begun. Day 4 I looked almost normal again, with some peeling still and minimal swelling. Day 5, my face is no longer swollen, and my scars are still there. I'm hoping the promise of 3-6 months for those collagen benefits is true.

Now it's Day 6, and I have only a tiny bit of peeling left, but two new deep zits on my chin. Am hoping this breakout is both fleeting and minimal. I don't break out any more normally, and the thought of a procedure to remove scars creating new scars makes me angry. Fingers crossed it is short-lived and does no lasting harm. I see my doctor for follow-up tomorrow.

So far, anyway. We'll see.

Any change in them scars as of yet? Regards Kelly
Nope, Kelly. Waste of time and money for me.
I noticed some changes. my skin looks smoother. I've had my procedure 4 weeks ago. my skin is still pink from where my doctor went deeper with the laser. Also i don't know what's wrong but im breaking out like crazy with little white heads here and there. now im getting bigger ones. Don't know why. they are getting red looking and i feel like ive wasted my money because my skin looked nice and then now im breaking out and the scars are coming back! ugh. never ending. my doctor gave me some antibiotics to take but so far im still breaking out. im wondering if its because of the grids no idea. I still have the grid marks and redness on my cheeks. My face was less spot colored before surgery now it has more brown and red spots but my skin is smoother. i dont see how i cannot wear make up. the dark spots still show...
I did the fractional co2 laser 7 months ago. I am red for 5 to 6 months. Right now some scars looks better, but I also noticed white patches. How is your healing?
By the way, I am asian.
Hi suki, i am asian too! i am healing fine. I had a lot of brown spots from hyperpigmentation where my doctor went deeper but he prescribed me some cream and those are now fading. I had my CO2 back in the end of May. My skin is really sensitive and I used vaseline and aquaphor and it made my skin break out. I was really seeing improvement!! but now with the breakout and my skin is practically like baby skin all fresh and new it's really scaring it yet again. I have some dark red spots that are new acne scars after my C02! If I didn't have those I would say my skin looks like new! Overall grid marks are sort of gone and some brown marks left but slowly fading, fresh new red marks from new ance scarring. :( but overall i am happy. I want to do this one more time...this time I want to make sure my skin won't break out again after c02! let me know your email. I can email you some pictures.
suki_0901@yahoo.com Where do you live and who did the procedure for you? Do you know the machine name and how was the setting? I am also considering to do the procedure again but dont want to go back to the same doctor.
Hi, ChiGrrl. Just wanted to stay in touch. It's been 22 days for me now, and I still don't see any improvements worth the money and downtime. Old scars look the same. How about you? Let's keep in touch and continue to compare notes. You can email me directly at ryliebr(at)gmail(dot)com.
Hello, i'm seriously thinking about getting this. I even called to schedule my appt for the end of February. My doctor told me that the price for this jumped from 2600 to 2900 for the entire face and I'm not so sure if I should be getting this anymore if it's not worth it? Can you tell me if any improvement since then??? Thanks.
I really see very little, if any, improvement in my acne scars. It has been almost three months now, so I have doubts that I ever will. I had full face as well, and my wrinkles (which were not why I had the procedure) are also unchanged. Maybe it varies from person to person, or at 45 I'm too old to produce collagen. I don't know. I do know I won't be doing this again.
This is day 15 for me. So far I don't see any improvement in my acne scars. My nose is still reddish. And my pores seem more noticeable to me. I feel the same way as you do- hopeful but getting skeptical. They tell me that the collagen remodeling takes some time (months) and improvement will happen then. I really want to believe that. But as of right now, I'm feeling a little let down. Not sure it was worth the money and that awful recovery period. Looks like we had our procedure done about the same time. Let's keep in touch and compare notes. You can email me at ryliebr(at)gmail(dot)com.

I just had the procedure done 2 weeks ago for the same reasons as you did. Have the same concerns as you as well. Still have some redness, most prominently on the nose. Was wondering how your face is doing now? Did all the redness go away. Did the breakout subside?

I think I responded to your comment in the wrong place, so I'll try again: My redness is gone. My face is still a little dry, but pretty much normal. No new breakouts. But my old scars are all back. No improvement that I can see. Still hoping for that collagen to fill them in. How about you? Any improvement?
It's Day 9 now, and I'm back to my normal skincare regimen. I saw my doctor two days ago, and she said I was healing nicely, and that I needed to wait 2-3 months to see if I needed any "touch-ups". I'm not crazy about the idea of doing it again, so I'm hoping the collagen generation does its job. My face is practically the same as before, maybe a little tighter. The breakout on my chin hasn't spread, and is responding to my regular spot acne treatment, so I think it is a non-issue. (Whew!) And sunscreen is vital. I got a little red walking outside on a completely overcast day wearing SPF 40. The sensitivity cannot be exaggerated. Be extremely careful outdoors!