Cool Sculpting Brought Delayed Pain for Abdomen - Chicago, IL

I am a fit, 40 year-old who tried Cool Scultping...

I am a fit, 40 year-old who tried Cool Scultping to help slim down my gut. I am on the curvey size. My curves are in the right places, minus my tummy, which only goes away when I become extremely thin. I tried cool sculpting because I am tired of working out like I'm training for a marathon. I'm looking for a way to be happy with my body and am willing to try something different.

The doctor said I was the "perfect" candidate for cool sclupting. I can pinch an inch around my abdomen, and can pinch about two inches around my love handles. I decided to start with the lower abdomen, then try for the lovehandles later.

Day 1 - 3 : No problems. The procedure was easy. I felt like I had a piece of cardboard under my skin and I was by Day 3. Discomfort was minor.

Day 4: I started feeling a stinging sensation and some pins and needles. The pain increased as the day went on. I woke up once or twice that night.

Day 5: I was in pain. On a scale of 1 -10, I'd give it a 3. After working and sitting all day, the pain was a 4 by the end of the day. I called the technician, who told me it would subside and to just take Tylenol. She told me not to use ice or Bio-Freeze and told me it would go away. I couldn't sleep. I ended up taking half a vicodin, which helped me sleep. I still woke up in the middle of the night.

Day 6: The pain was worse. I'd give it a 4 or a 5. I took 600 milligrams of Advil three or four times a day. That didnt help much. That night, I took a half a vicodin and drank a glass of wine to get myself to go to sleep. I put BioFreeze on my abdomen every few hours. It was very hard to work during the day. I couldn't concentrate. Just lightly brushing against my skin hurt. Sitting hurt, and bending over to pick something up hurt. I could see two bruises showing under my skin. I drank a TON of water, and also took some metamucil to help with any constipation from taking so much medicine.

Day 7: More of the above. I called my doctor's office. They said I would need to come in if I wanted something to help with the pain. I just didn't have time to come in, so I continued to use over-the-counter medication and my old vicodin perscription to manage the pain. My stomach is getting dry and raw from the BioFreeze. I tried using ice to calm the area. It worked, but I cant feel much in that area, so I think I refroze the abdomen. Later, I took a hot shower. Do NOT take a hot shower. That was the worst thing I could have done. Thank God I had the vicodin. That night I had to take a whole pill to manage the pain.

Day 8. More of the same. I was so crabby. I finally tried putting on Spanxx. The Spanxx help! The pain become dull and constant rather than random and stabbing. It's easier to manage, but it still hurts. I woke up twice in the middle of the night. I did not take a vicodin. I slept with my Spanxx and used BioFreeze in the middle of the night.

Day 9: The pain is still there, but is probably a 2 or 3 again. I am still using Advil. I just want this to go away so I can exercise and get back to my life.

I will provide an update. I think the doctor's office should have better prepared me by telling me to clear my calendar for days 3 - 10 following the procedure. It was irresponsible on their part to suggest that most people don't have any pain and that I would probably fall into that category too. I would have rather have planned for the downtime and scheduled accordingly.

I'll post pictures later. Hope this helps.
LipoDoc staff technician

The doctor was great. The technician was pretty good, but could have been more professional. She didn't call to follow up when she said she would. She was also hard to reach when I was having problems. She did well during the procedure. I just didn't like the fact that she suggested that I should "power through the pain" and that it would be worth it in the long run. I also felt she was dismissive about the fact that I was having pain. Who wants pain? When you hurt at a level 4 or 5, nothing else matters. You just want the pain to go away.

Sorry you had so much pain. I didn't but there just isn't a way to know how each person will react.
Sorry you had pain, I was fortunate not to have but was uncomfortable. I also used compression garment that helped me. At least you should experience the pain less and less now.
I'm sorry they didn't offer you the Neurontin nerve-blocker they should have.
I was better by day 11. You will be much better in a day or so. Curious, why did your Dr tell you not to use biofreeze? It totally gave me relief at night so I could sleep. Hang in there!