Crossing my Fingers That Celluaze Works for Me! - Chicago, IL

I had cellulaze a couple of days ago. I wanted to...

I had cellulaze a couple of days ago. I wanted to share my experience , because reading  others reviews helped me out with what to expect and basically gave me more information then what the brochures and internet ads tell you.

Here is a background on me...
 I am 34 years old and am in good shape, I happen to have a very big butt, thankfully I  dont mind , what I  do mind is the cellulite. I'm 5'4 & weigh 130 pounds. I eat very healthy and workout religiously 5-6 days a week averaging about  1 1/2 to 2 hrs per day. I do a lil bit of everything, I work out with a trainer once a week, I do yoga, weights, resistance training,and various cardio ,stair master, elliptical, jacobs ladder, and treadmill.
But If your reading this and considering having cellulaze you know that no matter how much you workout and how well you eat the cellulite is still there.
So after doing research I decided on doing cellulaze with Dr.stein in Chicago.
As  much of a problem us women have with cellulite , I was shocked to discover there are only 3 doctors in Chicago that do cellulaze. I guess it's still relatively new and not mainstream yet. I decided to go with Dr. Stein because he's the only doctor who actually does the procedure in his Chicago office. The other 2 doctors do the procedure in their  suburban offices. I had absolutely no Interest  in driving out to the suburbs. So my decision was based Solely on location/connivence.

I went in for pre op  5 days before surgery I was  told to
stop taking my fish oils and to not do any advil, alleve etc. The Dr prescribed a prescription for vitamin k and suggested I start taking that &  arnica tablets starting  3 days before surgery. also I started taking the antibiotic the night before surgery.

Day of surgery 12/31/12
I get to dr. Office at 8:30 I was given percosate,and Xanax and then Dr. Stein  started drawing squares all over my butt and hamstrings. About 40 mins after taking drugs I was being injected with local anasteca, I was expecting the stinging and pain because of what I've read from reviews. But I wasn't expecting what came next, when the Dr started doing the actual cellulaze laser I flinched because it was sooo painful, it was like having bees stinging you along with someone throwing lil  rocks to the backs of your legs and butt. I asked Dr. Stein  if this was normal and he said no that most people don't feel anything. Well I did and it was way worst then I imagined it to be. Luckily i had drugs in me & I was  mellowed out. I also have a pretty high threshold for pain along with a strong and deep desire to have a smooth butt and legs, so I just tried to think of good thoughts and the time went pretty quickly. From the moment the Dr started me to when  I was done and getting dress was about 60 mins.

I leave doctors office , I was picked up & driven home by my designated driver and quickly go straight to bed once I get home.  I wake up about a hour later very uncomfortable and in a lot of pain along with feeling nausea I eat a bowl of soup &  I take 2 regular strength tylenols and go back to bed for about 3 hours.   I wake up feeling a lil uncomfortable and still a lil sleepy, but I get up and eat and lay on the couch and watch tv. I go back to bed a couple of hours later and sleep for 9 hours that night.

Day after surgery 1/1/13
I wake up feeling pretty good, I'm a lil sore more like tender to the touch. Every time I sit it is very uncomfortable but nothing to bad, comparison to the pain I felt during procedure. I lay around most of the morning and I'm feeling good enough that I decided to go to the gym and walk on the treadmill for 30 mins. Dr stein said to start walking right away.  I get to gym and walked on the treadmill on a incline of 8.5 at a speed of 3.5 for 35 mins. I felt great, I actually felt like I could do more but didn't. I get home take off  pads and bandages and was so curiuos to see how I looked.I don't see any visible reduction or change with cellulite. But I I'm not suppose to see results for at least 3 months. I'm a lil swollen and a lil bruised but not as bad as I expect. I attribute it to the vitamin k and arnica pills. As for leaking & drainage , It wasn't that bad either.  A lil bit of blood and liquid on pads/ bandage.  I showered and then I rubbed arnica cream on my butt and thighs and put my compression garment back on.
I cleaned my house and did things around the house like I normally would.
  I fell no pain other then when I sit.

2nd day after surgery 1/2/13
  I wake up feeling great. I go see dr stein for my follow up visit he looks at everything says everything is looking good and we talked about why I had so much pain during surgery and he said that not everyone responds quickly or well to local numbing/ anestecia .
 I tell him that I walked on treadmill the day before and that I felt like I could do more. He says I can start working out right away  as long as I feel up to it and that I slow down or stop if I feel any pain. I'm told to keep compression garment  on for 2 weeks.  I scheduled a follow up visit for a month from now.
  I then go to gym and I end up doing 50 mins  of cardio. I did 20 mins of elipticycle and then did 20 mins of fast pace walking on a 15 incline on the treadmill for 20 mins. And then finished off by climbing on the jacobs ladder machine for 10 mins.  I streched a lil and then left gym .I know some of you are probably rolling your eyes right now thinking really?!?   I guess the big difference for me is that I'm doing half the amount of time and about half the intensity of what I would normally would do. I'm just grateful that I feel good enough to even do any working out. I was expecting to be laying around for a week .
  I just wanted people to know how I feel. I read so many reviews about how horribly painful it is, and how the recovery is a long one. I think everyone responds differently . I  only took 2 tylenols after surgery and I feel fine when I stand , walk and even do cardio at gym. Again The only Time I feel discomfort is when I sit. Or when I actually touch my butt and the backs of my thighs other then that it hasn't been bad.

I will update if anything changes. Otherwise I will update every 2 weeks and let you know how my progress and recovery is going.
 I will uploads photos in a couple of days.

It's now 2 1/2 weeks after my cellulaze procedure...

It's now 2 1/2 weeks after my cellulaze procedure and here is a update..
1 week after procedure I was back to working out with my trainer ,we were both conservative with the very first workout together for fear of me having pain. During and after workout i felt like I could of worked out harder but didn't wanna push my self just in case. The same day I worked out with my trainer I had a lymph draining massage to help me with the little swelling and bruising I had.
About 2 days after my massage my bruises were about 60% faded.
Week 2. I am pretty much back to my normal workouts, my bruising is about 90% gone and I forget that I've had procedure. I'm only reminded when someone pats my butt or when I attempt to jog or run . I can honestly say my recovery has been pretty easy other then not being able to jog or run. I am doing everything I normally do. I have not seen any change in the appearance of my cellulite. But I keep reminding myself that it takes 3 months to see a change and 6-9 months to get optimal Results.

I will update again in 1 month.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Hi! I am also interested in Celulaze. I have been working out since I was a little girl. Unfortunately I am stuck with cellulite and I was told by plastic surgeon in Miami where I used to live that there is nothing he can do to permanently remove it. Now after reading about this procedure I am very curious and I am thinking to schedule the consultation with Doctor Stein. I am 35 years old, 5'6", 127lb .My cellulite is visible even just standing still and it is above my knees and on the back of my thighs. Does anyone know what is a price rage for this treatment and how are actual results? I really don't care much it will hurt as long as the results are there and they are permanent. Thank you! Love to you all
Hi Mamka, let us know how your consult goes and be sure to write a review if you decide to get the procedure - best of luck!!

Holy cow girl, you do work out a ton!!! Hearing the amount of time you put in is inspiration to me to spend more time at the gym!

Sorry to hear the procedure was so uncomfortable. :( Hopefully as you go through the healing phase it will all be worth it.

How are you doing with the compression garment?

I am very much surprised he was cool with you doing that kind of exercise. I have had 3 consults here in Dallas and every single doctor told me I could not work out in any way that would raise my heart rate for 3 weeks in order ot help the swelling go down. I love working out so I was bummed I could, at most, just do a leisurely walk. Interesting....
He was totally fine with it , otherwise I wouldn't . Maybe he was ok with it because I don't have hardly any sqeeking to begin with?? But mind you I'm also not doing my 1 1/2 to 2 hour workouts with the same intensity as I normally do. I'm at about half of the time and intensity. The doctor said working out wouldn't hurt or effect my results. I really feel pretty good, & I didn't feel anything painful or even uncomfortable during or after my workouts. Otherwise I would stop. If anything working out feels good ciz it gets the blood circulating. Hope this helps
Swelling not sqeeking and cuz not ciz. Darn iPhone and it's autocorrect
Hi Chi girl, I am also interested in your review. I had my cellulaze procedure for the posterior, lateral thighs and lower butt on the 21 of December. My Cellulaze procedure, alone, lasted more than 4 hours (I'm slender, 5'7 125#, grade 2a cellulite), I had significant bruising (I took arnica) and I would not recommend anyone do significant exercise other than gentle walking during the first week. I found gentle walking for at least one mile very helpful and wished I had started doing it on day 3 (instead of day 7). On day 10 and day 12 I did Bikram yoga classes. I had to modify some poses but found the heat and increased circulation also helped. Again, I don't think that the Bikram classes would have been very beneficial to me during the first week. Anyway, it is peculiar to me the difference in the amount of time that our procedures took and the bruising response. Perhaps you had less areas treated and as a result you have less bruising are able to be more vigorous in your activity etc. If you don't mind, please post pictures.
Hey Chi girl!! I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I have worked out all my life and I still have cellulite on my outer and back thighs and butt. I actually have been in contact with Dr. Stein about having the procedure done and I'm so nervous because my cellulite is so bad. Will you please upload some pics? Also, what are your thoughts on Dr. Stein?
Hi, if you give me ur email I'd be happy to send you pics directly. Dr stein as great about giving me info or details on what to expect from procedure during consult as the other two Dr's I consulted with were. He just doesn't seem to be a man of many words . I was ok with that because I knew a lot of what I wanted to know thru research . So if you need your handheld and someone to walk & talk you thru things . I'm not sure if he's for you. I honestly took a gamble by having the procedure done by him. As you know there aren't many Dr's in Chicago, & he's the only one who does the actual procedure in Chicago vs. doing it in the suburbs. If you give me ur email address I'd be happy to send you pics directly . Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions .
Hey there!! How are you?! I got a quote from Dr. Stein! I have some questions for you tho!!