Burned by MiraDry, Literally. - Chicago, IL

OK I thought I would post this to help both...

OK I thought I would post this to help both medical professionals and patients alike.

Today I had my first round of miraDry. Apparently, I'm one of the few people that take longer to absorb the lido-cane injections. Because it took a bit of trouble shooting to figure this out, I experienced quite a lot of pain, having to ask the practitioner to stop multiple times. Once we figured out that A: that I need to receive non-diluted straight lido-cane shots, and B: I needed a longer wait-period for the anesthetic to be absorbed the procedure went much more smoothly.
Now that I'm home, I've noticed though the swelling is minimal and has gone down significantly, I am left with burn marks on my right arm. My right arm was the trouble and trial arm that had to undergo the procedure before the numbing could take affect. Both arms sting from a burn sensation more than anything, but you can actually see where I might get burn blisters on the right arm. Ice is helping but only time will tell on this one.

On a positive note, I'm not sweating. Period.

OK four days have passed and any swelling,...

OK four days have passed and any swelling, bruising or irritation have all but disappeared. I am very happy with the results so far and in 80+ degree weather I have experienced no sweating. I know time will tell, and I'm still in need of my next procedure in December but for now - it looks like MiraDry was well worth it.
chicago costmetic surgery and dermatology

My provider got me in quickly and ahead of schedule - great experience.

Wow, no sweat in 80 degree weather?! That is great! Are you starting to feel comfortable wearing clothes or colors you would avoid before?

I'm so sorry to hear you were burned during the procedure. Have you called the office you had this done at to let them know you think you were burned? I definitely would encourage you to do so. Thank you for sharing this with us, and please keep us posted on how you are healing up.

I did contact my MD and let them know that I had minor burns on my skin. They've healed quite quickly, luckily for me, it was for of a minor surface burn than anything more. I'll post a general update now.