Timing? - Chicago, IL

I'm getting married at the very end of August. If...

I'm getting married at the very end of August. If possible I'd like to have the surgery before the wedding but don't know if that is cutting it too close. Would 2.5 months be enough to feel ok? I really want/need the surgery due to terrible neck pain and headaches and I also don't want to look huge in my wedding photos and get a reduction right after! Thoughts? I'm 5'2 and a 38DDD. 26 years old and no health problems. going in for a consult on Wed.

Hi! I know this is a delayed comment but I just came across your post. I am in this same situation now. I am getting married in October and I am looking to get a BR before the big day! I have a consultation on Marxh 20, 2013. I will (hopefully) have my surgery in June or July depending on insurance. Do you think that is enough time to have a dress fitting and be comfortable on my wedding day? Thanks!
so when is your breast reduction date girlie
Do it! I was around your size - 36DD - and now, 6 weeks after my reduction I'm a 34C. Best decision ever - I feel like a new person and look SO much thinner. I would encourage you to do it. It took me about 4 weeks to feel fairly normal again - 2 and a half months is plenty of time! Best of luck!
Thanks for the help! I'm getting a good letter from my chiropractor along with my records that show for 3 years I've been seeing them for neck and back pain, hopefully that helps the process.

Documentation is the big thing and it sounds like you have it. Good for you. Will be anxious to hear!

If you need a letter of appeal for your insurance company I have one I found online that I have shared with others. You would have to tailor it to your needs and make some adjustments, but I thought it was a pretty good letter if I was going to need it. Let me know and I would be happy to forward it to you if you would like it.
Yes, I have my dress and luckily one of our good family friends is doing all the alterations so it wouldn't be a big deal to just fit it a week or two before the wedding. I'm not counting on it being able to happen before because I don't know what insurance hoops I may have to jump through to get it done. Any advice would be great!
Hi Abby, Congrats on the upcoming wedding. I am 10 wks post op and feel really good. I'm still a little tender. Like the seat belt bothers me still. I definitely can't do big bear hugs. Hubby also has to be super gentle ;). I'm super cautious though and don't do anything that may hurt me. I think you will be pretty comfortable 2.5 months out. Have you picked out a dress? I actually had to squish my boobs in half under my
corset on my wedding day so they would look smaller. So sad :(. Better now and love my 34C's.