Exactly What I Needed - Chicago, IL

I met Dr.Mustoe several months after my fourth...

I met Dr.Mustoe several months after my fourth breast surgery. My first was a mastectomy, the last was reconstruction of that breast. I came to him with breasts that were 2 cup sizes different (I was a 32DD originally), and the small reconstructed breast very wrinkled. It appeared to be a ball that was deflating. I had a very heavy heart as well. He was upbeat about my prognosis, telling me this situation could be satisfactorily resolved. His assessment was very clinical and detailed. My breasts would be the same size by replacing my implant with a more appropriate choice, a muscle needed to be engaged once again, nipple reconstruction would follow, along with fat grafting. I further would require a lift and small implant in my natural breast. I realize that in a plastic surgeon I needed a creative, artistic individual; but, I also needed someone who could relate to me in a concise clinical way about how we could solve my problem. I needed to hear more than, "I think I can make you happy." I heard that before with unsatisfactory results.

Dr. Mustoe kept his word. I am now wearing all of my bras and clothes that I wore prior to my first surgery. I wear strapless dresses and swimsuits that I assumed I would never wear again. I am no longer stuffing my bra as I get dressed each day, searching my closet for something to wear that will look normal and natural, let alone flattering. Dr. Mustoe has allowed me to enjoy myself again, not living each day with the constant reminder I am a victim of this insidious cancer. My surgery was without complication, neither during the surgery, nor during recovery--for the first time, after four previous problem-filled experiences.. He is a gifted, skilled surgeon, and a gentleman of character as well, certainly a credit to his profession.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

I have followed him in Chicago magazine, as he is featured in the Top Doctors edition year after year. I recommended him to two friends who became patients and were extremely satisfied.

I'm so glad to hear you are now happy with your reconstruction. I'm a bit confused though, you mentioned you were originally a 32DD, but that your natural breast required a small implant as well. What size were you hoping to achieve? Did you go larger than your original DD?