I Didn't Want to Do It, But...- Chicago, IL

I am from a family with a lot of cancers, one of...

I am from a family with a lot of cancers, one of which was breast cancer for my mom, sister, and maternal aunt. So when my breast started to "misbehave" (atypical ductal hyperplasia), I knew the wait and see approach wasn't a good answer for me. Two friends from my neighborhood had dealt with breast cancer and had used the team of Bethke and Kim. I went running with my slides and was told that I could take my breasts now with no cancer and have an easier surgery or I could wait for cancer. It was a very hard decision for me as I really felt my natural breast were pretty awesome. Dr. Kim was amazing in his reassurance he would do a great job on my new breasts and spent a lot of time helping me understand that with this surgery, I was leaving my worries for cancer in the operating room. It has been 3 months since my final reconstruction, and I couldn't be happier with me decision to use Dr. Kim.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Wonderful doctor who has helped three of us in my neighborhood feel beautiful after our breast reconstructions.

I'm so glad to hear things went well for you. I too have a family history of breast cancer, so of course have thought about what I would do in your position. I can only imagine how difficult that decision must actually be when you are faced with it. I'm so glad you don't have to live with the worry of breast cancer - strong decision!!