Active FX for Acne Scars

-I was having rhinoplasty and decided to try to...

-I was having rhinoplasty and decided to try to improve my acne scarring, so I can't comment on pain during procedure as I was out. I have had acne since high school, and I am 33- female. I somehow seem to scar from every pimple or scratch, so I was VERY hesitant to have a laser treatment. I had a C02 laser done 10 years ago- when it was like they lasered till they saw bone- and it was the worst experience of my life! Needless to say, I was terrified to make the same mistake, but wanted to believe it was indeed different then the old c02, and the scars really make me crazy.

First, I should say, it is extremely different compared to the old c02 laser. The downtime is much easier to handle, and I have no pigmentation issues (with the c02 I had a line of hyper pigmentation for 6+ years). Results are about 40% reduction in scars (rolling and ice pick) I think my crows feet are almost completely gone, which was not even the target! I think this procedure works better for fine lines, but it did improve my scarring.

I am 1 month post, and in the last week, it is more improved than it was 2 weeks post, so I should say it is slowly getting better and better! Downtime- it isn't easy. It's gross and you do need to not stare at yourself in the mirror...just keep busy.

I would do it again, and I am not easy to please!

experienced