Chicken "Older" - Chevy Chase, MD

I am anxious, excited and nervous about having a...

I am anxious, excited and nervous about having a TT. I am older and my daughter and best friend feel I don't need it, but I want it because I don't like the way my clothes "don't" fit. I also have a vertical c-section scar that looks like a front butt. Sometimes I think I am too old and being too vain to entertain such an idea. And other times I feel like I can't wait to get it over with and look forward to the end results. Especially after seeing the many before and after photos posted by the brave women before me. I have paid in full for my TT and am scheduled to have in early January.

I am very impressed and awed by the level of care...

I am very impressed and awed by the level of care I received from Dr. Khalifeh's assistant Georgette. She has always been very pleasant and informative and the evening of my procedure Georgette's patience and kindness made me feel even more comfortable and relaxed.

Though, I am still with drain and swollen and am...

Though, I am still with drain and swollen and am sooo glad I did this for myself. I am now 23 days post op and lookingforward to feeling and looking better with each new day. I stil haven't shared this with anyone other than my daughter and two best friends. I am looking forward to healing and getting back into circulation. Hopefully, as the weather gets better, so will I. I also,hope to see less swelling and more contouring of the waistline. But if Idon't get any contouring, atleast the "hate handles" are gone. This site has been a wonderful source of support, encouragement, and very informative. I wish all who have taken this journey before me and those who will be going after me the very best!

I am 2 mos post op and look the same as I did at 2...

I am 2 mos post op and look the same as I did at 2 wks post op. I regress. Two days ago I decided to wear my CG again after 2 wks without it. My last visit my PS said I may need lipo in the future. This depresses me because I can not fathom any more bruising and swelling down the road. PS said I probably have both swelling and fat, as he had to leave some fat to assist with healing. I just wish all of this would have been told to me prior to surgery. Though, I do look much better than I did pre op, I now have an ever present pooch above my incision and look as though I am 3-4 mos pregnant. At this point I'm hoping my age is slowing the healing process.

I still tire easily and have not been able to resume my exercise regiments. Again, I am second guessing myself and perhaps this surgery was more than I can handle. It's depressing when every weekend I want to go dancing and can't because of the swelling that persists even while wearing CG. Maybe I'm having a bit of post depression or perhaps I'm just impatient, but it's no fun waking up and going to bed to a large tummy. My PS feels I am healing well. There is no need for me to post new pics...

It has been hard to post on the January TT'ers forum, don't know what the problem is. Anyway, I hope everyone else is healing well and best wishes to all.
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

I gave 4 stars on waiting because dr. Khalifeh sometimes runs behind. But please know to expect that ony because he does not rush his patients and it feels good to have all of your concerns answered. So it doesn't bother me if he's running behind because I have been "the one" in his office with a zillion million questions.

Hey Upper, congrats on ur surgery and ur looking good girl!
Thank you and best wishes to you on your weight loss and upcoming surgery. There's lots of info on this site about TT's and you've come to the right place!
You look great! Wow! Happy Healing
Thanks Colie! I've learned not to push too hard because my stamina hasn't fully returned. I know I will get there in time.
Remember that their are a lot of emotional ups and dows following any surgery. Try and focus on your before photos and see how far you have come upper. You are not done healing yet and in time you will have your reward.. Keep your chin up! I am glad to hear all the honesty from everyone. Our minds and expectations can play mean tricks on us, that's why it's so great to have this support!! I am 5 weeks post op and still exhausted trying to keep up with my normal life routine. I pay for it when I push it too hard I am learning that the hard way too..
Sassy, you are younger and resilient. Good example, how well you did after surgery. My thighs have more waves than an cean and have lost all muscle tone. Lipo probably wouldn't even improve these conditions.

Take it easy and maybe not push yourself too hard with the exercising. In addition, you have a family to care for. Take your time, I think we are probably being a little impatient and we more than likely have long road of swelling ahead of us...
Upper you could totally do a bikini!!! Your legs are way smaller than mine and I'll be wearing one!! I just took more pics and my bb has changed so much, looks like it has something white it in, but it seems as it's healing from the inside out and it's opening more..I had the coin slit but it's changing...I was liking the coin slot but whatever! Lol! My legs swell and go down...they are swollen now...ugh! I was down 10lbs the went up 7 in 2 days...my eating was much better so it's either swelling or bc I got my period bc I know it's not possible to gain that much weight in 2 days...I get frustrated by that but I'm down 3 of the 7 so hopefully after my period is over the other 4 go away! I joined the YMCA bc I hurt my hip running on the treadmill last week. Last yr I fractured my pelvis running so I'm worried I did it again bc it's been a week and it's still hurting. I figured I'd better bite the bullet and join and do something other than treadmill, obviously my b
Body can't handle that impact on a daily basis. I did bike and elliptical today and some inner/outer thigh stuff, hopefully I'll firm up some.
"On" my thighs.
Thanks Sassy! I sometimes think my expectations are too high as well, but then I distinctly recall my PS stating that I would be wearing a bikini after my TT. I would be happy to just wear a halter. A bikini is out for

me. I would need to have work done in my thighs and legs... You look fantastic!!!
Although I know it's hard try not to get down, my upper belly still bothers me and I'm hoping that it gets better after I start crunches next week. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and think I look horrible...I asked my friend if the mirror I was looking in was a funhouse mirror?? Makes me wonder if all the pics I saw pre op were people still sucking it in??? You look awesome!! We still have lots of healing to do...I need to listen to all my advice...I don't second guess my decision for the surgery but maybe I expect too much?
Upper you look awesome, I love the pic with the purple shirt on, you lOok so tiny!!!!
Awww, thanks Sassy!
Hi Upper, so totally hear you about being a bit older and some friends/family thinking I didn't need the TT. The breast reduction was a different issue, since I had pain, etc. The TT was just becuase I felt even at 51 I have the right to feel good about myself. I also needed to help my self-esteem knowing that was a big source of the lcak od=f intimacy in my marriage. I am so glad we did this for ourselves. You look fantatsic and your before/after comparison if downright amazing. That's what I try to focus on...MY before and afters instead of comparing my results to some of the younger bellies I am seeing, lol!! Lookin' good, Upper :)))))
that was supposed to be "lack of" intimacy. my eyes are going...need laser eye surgery next, lol!!
Thanks TT, I guess I'm not looking too shabby for a soon to be 58 yr old!
Hi UpperMarlboro! I am 9 days PO and am also a little older than the average tt-er. I am so sick of drains, being stuck at home, watching TV, and hyper-emotionalism, but if I look anywhere near as great as you I'll be so happy!
@Katma, thank you so much for the compliment. I hope this isn't the final result cause I don't see any contouring. Janes guessed the jeans right.
I'm a jeans addict and recognized the coin pocket ;)
Upper, you look absolutely amazing! Congratulations! On a shallow note, what brand jeans are you wearing in the last pic?? Love them :-)
I'm guessing theyre True Religion??? Lol
U got it! LOL
Awww, thanks Maumee! My CG is very uncomfortable too. The shoulder straps cut into my skin and the crouch hooks cut into my crouch. I do so hope I will get some contouring in the future.
"Crotch" and ouch to the incorrect sp "crouch." All I can say is that as I get older I lose it...
Thanks Surro!