Chicken "Older" - Chevy Chase, MD

I am anxious, excited and nervous about having a...

I am anxious, excited and nervous about having a TT. I am older and my daughter and best friend feel I don't need it, but I want it because I don't like the way my clothes "don't" fit. I also have a vertical c-section scar that looks like a front butt. Sometimes I think I am too old and being too vain to entertain such an idea. And other times I feel like I can't wait to get it over with and look forward to the end results. Especially after seeing the many before and after photos posted by the brave women before me. I have paid in full for my TT and am scheduled to have in early January.

Hey Upper, You are never to old to want to look and feel your best!!
It doesn’t matter if others don’t think you “need” it. Good luck to you!!!
Thank you Cenla...and the best to you!
Hi UpperMarlboro! My tt is sched for Jan 9th - I'm nervous and excited too! Like you, I have friends and family who don't think I "need" it. But ultimately it is our decision - and for me, it's one that will make a difference in my view of myself and my confidence. January can't come soon enough! Look for the "January Tummy Tuckers Check In Here" forum under the forum tab. :)

I am very impressed and awed by the level of care...

I am very impressed and awed by the level of care I received from Dr. Khalifeh's assistant Georgette. She has always been very pleasant and informative and the evening of my procedure Georgette's patience and kindness made me feel even more comfortable and relaxed.

Thanks Janes..., I'm hoping to get some new pics up soon. And I love, love, love, my new tummy. This is an investment thst I'll never regret. My daughter is in awe of my tummy and thinks it is too cute!

How about you, I know you are loving your new tummy, as well?
Good! It's an amazing feeling, isn't it! Love mine too just wish this swelling would go away!!! But I know it's so worth it! ;)
Older schmolder, you have a great body! Can't wait to see more pics. Are you lovin your new tummy?

Though, I am still with drain and swollen and am...

Though, I am still with drain and swollen and am sooo glad I did this for myself. I am now 23 days post op and lookingforward to feeling and looking better with each new day. I stil haven't shared this with anyone other than my daughter and two best friends. I am looking forward to healing and getting back into circulation. Hopefully, as the weather gets better, so will I. I also,hope to see less swelling and more contouring of the waistline. But if Idon't get any contouring, atleast the "hate handles" are gone. This site has been a wonderful source of support, encouragement, and very informative. I wish all who have taken this journey before me and those who will be going after me the very best!

Upper you look awesome, I love the pic with the purple shirt on, you lOok so tiny!!!!
Awww, thanks Sassy!
Hi Upper, so totally hear you about being a bit older and some friends/family thinking I didn't need the TT. The breast reduction was a different issue, since I had pain, etc. The TT was just becuase I felt even at 51 I have the right to feel good about myself. I also needed to help my self-esteem knowing that was a big source of the lcak od=f intimacy in my marriage. I am so glad we did this for ourselves. You look fantatsic and your before/after comparison if downright amazing. That's what I try to focus on...MY before and afters instead of comparing my results to some of the younger bellies I am seeing, lol!! Lookin' good, Upper :)))))

I am 2 mos post op and look the same as I did at 2...

I am 2 mos post op and look the same as I did at 2 wks post op. I regress. Two days ago I decided to wear my CG again after 2 wks without it. My last visit my PS said I may need lipo in the future. This depresses me because I can not fathom any more bruising and swelling down the road. PS said I probably have both swelling and fat, as he had to leave some fat to assist with healing. I just wish all of this would have been told to me prior to surgery. Though, I do look much better than I did pre op, I now have an ever present pooch above my incision and look as though I am 3-4 mos pregnant. At this point I'm hoping my age is slowing the healing process.

I still tire easily and have not been able to resume my exercise regiments. Again, I am second guessing myself and perhaps this surgery was more than I can handle. It's depressing when every weekend I want to go dancing and can't because of the swelling that persists even while wearing CG. Maybe I'm having a bit of post depression or perhaps I'm just impatient, but it's no fun waking up and going to bed to a large tummy. My PS feels I am healing well. There is no need for me to post new pics...

It has been hard to post on the January TT'ers forum, don't know what the problem is. Anyway, I hope everyone else is healing well and best wishes to all.

Hey Upper, congrats on ur surgery and ur looking good girl!
Thank you and best wishes to you on your weight loss and upcoming surgery. There's lots of info on this site about TT's and you've come to the right place!
You look great! Wow! Happy Healing
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

I gave 4 stars on waiting because dr. Khalifeh sometimes runs behind. But please know to expect that ony because he does not rush his patients and it feels good to have all of your concerns answered. So it doesn't bother me if he's running behind because I have been "the one" in his office with a zillion million questions.