Horrible Post-Op Results - Chevy Chase, MD

In January 2013, I decided to do smart lipo to...

In January 2013, I decided to do smart lipo to smooth out my my saddle back area. I met with Dr. Khalifeh who recommended that I also consider smart lipo on my lower abs and flanks as well transfer fat to my buttocks to make them slightly fuller.

Of course, buying into the reviews online about the doctor being a sculptor, I decided to proceed with his recommendations which ended up being the BIGGEST MISTAKE that I ever made in my life.

So, I finally had my procedure in February. A procedure that was to take 2 hours ended up taking 5+ hours with me being left on the operating table under medication oozing through blood, numbing fluids and fat. The front office apparently overbooked the doctor causing him to run back and forth between two patients (another patient and me). Talk about a traumatic experience!

To top all that trauma were my final post-op results and how the doctor responded to my dissatification of his work. He got extremely defensive and refused to acknowledge that my body was totally deformed now. Let alone offer to fix the damage caused to my body. For god's sake even the nurse could see the obvious.

My curves are totally gone because I lost my hips. My thighs are completely disportionated with my left thigh showing severe indentations from the lipo. I have burn marks from the laser in certain areas and my buttocks are extremely bigger than the rest of my body now. Talk about some sculpturing going wrong here. All that because I wanted my saddlebags reduced.

Unfortunately, these damages won't fix themselves and are permanent. I have consulted with 3 Board Certified Plastic Surgeons and each doctor estimates the corrections to cost me a aprox. $16k. Double the amount I paid Dr. Khalifeh.
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Lesson learned: 1. Pick a doctor that listens. I went in for one area of concern and walked out with multiple areas of problems now. 2. Don't believe the reviews you see online. For all you know they are misleading paid for marketing scams. 3. A good doctor will stand by his job and will do whatever possible to correct life altering damages instead of leaving a patient unhappy with his work. Lastly ask to see real testimonials. A real good doctor will have a book of good testimonials from former patients who gave good references. Sometimes those patients are willing to speak to new clients and assuring them of the doctor's quality of work. Neither which was available to me! Folks - please do your homework before going under the knife. Your post-op body could be worse than you pre-op. There is nothing I wouldn't do to go back to my pre-op body.

I'm sorry you weren't happy with your results. I don't see any pictures, have you posted any? I am definitely not paid or compensated in any way by Dr. Khalifeh, I am a patient that has been thrilled with the results I have received. It was life changing for me and I am forever grateful. I'm sorry you didn't have the same results. :(

Hi there, welcome and thank you for sharing your experience with us!

I'm sorry your procedure and results did going as you had planned. Are you going to be having a revision at some point, or is it too costly at the moment?