After Perlane, Radiesse, PRP, ArteFill Gets my Two Thumbs Up! - Chevy Chase, MD

I have two areas I dislike--they are my grooves in...

I have two areas I dislike--they are my grooves in between my eyebrows. Even after botox treatments, I have permanent "11" deep grooves. I have nasolabial folds. I had Radiesse in the nasolabial --great but temporary result; I had Perlane twice--again great but temporary result. PRP, after paying over $3K does not work, so I won't recommend it to anyone. It does not work with a capital N-O-T.

I read up on ArteFill. My Botox Doc does not administer them. However, my plastic surgeon does so I went for the naso labial folds treatment. Of course, there will be bruising but not like I was run over by a bus. That was in Sept 2012. Then I called to ask if he could also do the "11" - Here is why I like my doctor. He told me that Botox might fix that. I told him I have been getting Botox to prevent me from frowning but the grooves are pesky and "permanent" so he agreed to treat that area. Now, he said since the "11" are small areas, he would add the extra filler to my previously treated naso labial in areas he thinks might need more. And, his assistant told me that my doctor will NOT do ArteFill on the throughs (grooves found the lower eyebags) and I respect that. He is not greedy that he would agree to do anything so long as a patient is paying.

My naso labial results are EXCELLENT. It was explained to me that when the swelling goes down, I will notice that it will "deflate," then it will give me my desired results. It is because whatever is left that is not absorbed by the body is what "fills" the problem area. I get this result from Radiesse and Perlane but ArteFill, I was told will last me 10-12 years. I intend to maybe get a booster after 5 years, I will! :)

I just had my "11" done yesterday so I am still swollen. I will come back to this site and update on my results.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Dahiya has performed a lower facelift for me in 2009. He did a very good job. He is not rushed when I go to his office and he actually seemed genuinely interested to know me as a person, not just a patient. HIs staff are pleasant to deal with, his clinic's location is near the Metro. Most of all, I get responded to when I email to ask more information regarding procedures.