January 2014 Retired Air Force Sergeant 25 Years ....present to Myself..I Earned It ... - Chesterfield, MO

I am getting liposuction of my entire abdomen ,...

I am getting liposuction of my entire abdomen , waist, hips, love handles. I went to the doctor previously in 2007 and had inner thighs done and scar revision on my belly...she did a outstanding job. I have two grown children that were born c- section the vertical way ( don't know what the doctor was thinking)-not the norm. Well I ended up having to get a hysterectomy 2009 and that doctor went thru the same scar that & had a revision on... Talk about pissed. I was even more pissed when he came into the room and said I did the best I could but I am no means a plastic surgeon-so this time around I decided to get liposuction and not get the scar revised AGAIN...when I saw the plastic surgeon she was like hey what happened to my work? I was like you are not going to believe this ....anyway to get the scar revision added would have brought the total to like 11,000.00 - that was with my military discount. I am posting the before pics, in one you will see I am self conscience about the scar I hate it, slowly learning to live with it and not be ashamed. On the side view picture you can see around the navel where it is a bit puckered-hope to be rid of that mess the surgeon put back together after my hysterectomy. Not sure why he cut thru my belly button...Nevertheless I will post additional post after my procedure. All in all I don't think I look that bad for someone turning 47 this year ...lol

Additional liposuction

I forgot to mention I am getting lipo on my mons pubis...no additional charge ... Maybe doctor was planning on doing that anyway...doesn't make sense having a flat stomach and a bulge below ...

Won't be long now ...

A week away, I been thru this before why can't I sleep at night ....strange...I will just spend this time to clean house at my leisure ...I can't wait, very excited...doctor is providing the stage 1 and stage 2 garment ...when it is all said and DONE...I hope to look like Jessica Rabbit...lol

1 day post op

Ok I had my procedure yesterday 5/1/14, I slept all day after I came home woke up to have hot tea and lemon and tomato soup, well only a couple of sips and spoonfuls and I was out again...I have the binder on my waist and feels like foam on the inside from me touching the outside...I don't want to try and look because so far so good it is not moving and binder is in the same spot. I am sore which is expected, I only have been taking my antibiotics, no pain meds yet...just because it is not at that point for me to take it...I am a soldier and can take pain, I had brain surgery and never took pain meds....all and all I feel good, soreness which I can handle....my follow up visit is on Tuesday 5/6/14, thanks for the support ladies... each and everyone of you ROCK .....will update...as changes occur...take care.

Updated photos

Sorry I have been out of the loop and missing lately. I have been trying to assist taking care of my 23 year old daughter that has become ill with Lupus, Scoliosis, Raynauds Disease plus 3 other illnesses. I am attaching pics from various days..2nd day post op. I am sure your wondering why so many entry marks well between appendix removal, removal of a ovary, hysterectomy mad two caesarean births caused alot of scar tissue than she was expecting but I am happy with it and the scars are not bad at all....a little sore. This is the last time for liposuction on my stomach. I cannot believe not one bruise...

7 days post op

Still a bit sore but moving around faster .....NO PAIN MEDS AT just the required antibiotics. These pics are from approximately 7 days out ...from the front I look a little smaller and can tell where the waist is making progress but from the sides ugh looks like no improvement ...bit I am ok, I have nothing but time. I have been massaging, the sides are getting softer faster than the stomach. I had the punis mons done and it feels like I have baseballs down there...I am not in a relationship so nobody knows this but me ...lol

19 days post op

Sorry ladies I am running behind on posting pics ... iPad locked up on me and had to reset to factory settings lost everything...these are the latest pics I took and they are approximately 19 days out..I can't wait to see end result. I am massaging but seems the mons pubis area is the worse area and taking longer to soften. I am still wearing my compression garment, I was told to wear it so many times a day I wear it all day. I am on the stage 2 garment in a Large and I will say I will probably invest in a medium in a couple of weeks because the large is not as snug ...yeah...enjoy the pics I really like the one back photo with my floral underwear, my plastic surgeon snatched that fat right out...I like the way it looks...marvelous ...I will post more later....take care sisters!!!

New Garment Needed in awhile

Ok I am a month and two days out from the surgery, wearing a stage two garment just because the brand I have holds well does not look bad at all under clothes, I love it. Stage one was XL, THIS is a Large and becoming less snug on me even after I wash and dry it on hot setting..I have some harness still going on so I figure that is swelling and will go down eventually...and I will be smaller ...I am so excited and cannot wait..post more later..

I month 10 days post OP, doctors appointment today 6/11/14 ...

I am liking the way I am looking, going to be dynamite when all of the swelling subsides in the final end. Just found out High school reunion is 26-28 June and I cannot wait to prance like a Clydesdale horse for the High School haters. Random thought, I must be looking good, I now have a boyfriend that is 16 younger than me, the crazy thing is my ex husband was 13 years younger than me....no the real crazy thing was this KID that is 16 years younger than me...I REMEMBER WHEN HE WAS BORN ...GASP..THEN I FAINT ...LOL..his mom is my moms friend...
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Judith Gurley is one of the best doctors in the St. Louis, Mo area- the other plastic surgeon that is just as awesome here in the St. Louis area is Paul Rottler- he did my breasts in 2004. I never had a problem with either doctor and have always been satisfied. A+.

Girl u look terrific. Some days I still have swelling and areas that feel firmer than others but like u I have time to wait. Is there anything new going on? Keep us posted if there is.
Thank you ColoradoMaiden - I will be posting more pics here shortly, I injured my back and have not felt like striking poses. I am doing ok.
Looking good thanks for sharing!
U cougar U!! U go girl. U only live once and u r looking good.
Thank you ColoradoMaiden..
I am five months out and the other day I put the 2nd stage CG on was surprised how loose it was. If I was going to need a CG I would have to buy a new one so the swelling continues to go down for longer than we had hoped. Continued good luck with ur heal Nguyen.
Hi Sarg. Yep, that ole stomach area hard spots seem to be the last to go. I will b five months out in a couple of days and with diligent massage they have diminished significantly. Time is on our side. Good luck.
Wow you have been through a lot. You look great. Good luck with everything.
Looking good. I hope you continue to heal well.
You look great, it's good to hear all went well... Make sure to keep us posted... :-)
Retired, I had a large abdominal scar that had extensive scar tissue; thus the ps had to me more aggressive in those area and I truly believe that is the reason I had more lumps and hardness than the average. Maybe with so many entry incisions u will not have t hat problem. I am 4 1/2 months out and this morning is the first morning that my abdomen was 90% flat. I am so happy. I am almost there. Good luck with ur daughter. I to have grown children and know how we worry. Best of luck on ur healing journey.
Your before pics were not bad at all. You are about to look stunning :) Good luck on the healing :)
Thank you Miss Nicoyle...
Congrats and Happy Healing!!!
glad to hear you are recovering well... God speed! and a hardy thank you for your military service!
So glad you are done. Hoping you continue to feel better and better. Looking forward to continued updates and of course thank you for your service. Nice that you can do these things just for you now, after all you have given.
Thank u TG150.
Well said! Same to you!
Can't wait to see your pics. I also had my surgery yesterday. I posted some pics. They were actually same day pics not 1 day post op.
Glad to hear that all went well. I know what u r talking about with the sleep. I slept for 36 hour afterwards. My sister woke me for meds and a chocolate shake. I would say my pain was a 2-3 on a scale of 1-10. Girl I know u will rock.
Good luck to you Sarge!
Thank you Finallyforme!!!
LOL. Jessica Rabbit is an excellent goal. I can see u made a fine leader in the military. And excellent role model for the young female recruits. The best of luck and results to you.
Thank you ColoradoMaiden for the kind words, much appreciated!!!